Little Things that make you feel old

No. Not Advocado & Poached Egg for breakfast, more a thread in the vein of Annoyances & Pleasures of Life.

Example. Polish TV are running ads for?
Old Spice Aftershave.
How is that still going? Anyone else get one once upon a time for Xmas?
It came to mind listening to some 30 year olds talking last night about some old git at work who was 45. I harumphed and they replied with a nice “but you’re Phil”.
Oh great thanks.
So.
Old Spice & from the Motley Crue movie tonight, explaining that THAT noise was a Fax machine

Life.

2 Likes

Going from being the youngest member of a ships crew list to one of the oldest.

1 Like

Realising you are older than the parents of some of the people you employ :lou_sad:

1 Like

Or the parents you are talking to were born when you left secondary school. Which you still think was a few years ago.
Or when your manager reminds you that September 2018 was a year ago. What?

2 Likes

This is copied.

“When you have to spin those dates of birth wheels on ID’s like its wheel of fortune”

4 Likes

You’re living in a golden age of television in Poland there, Fil.

Has Only Fools and Horses made its debut there yet?

1 Like

When you realise you’ve been retired for longer than you spent at school.

7 Likes

I did see Allo Allo on tv a year ago…

1 Like

Trying to make any sense of the “IPTV” thread.

5 Likes

One can only hope that you haven’t just taken a slash on your Samsung.

2 Likes

You and me both and i’m the one that needs to put these strange words/names to some use.
I could just open a bottle of wine and forget about it till the next game i can’t make😊

Its watching telly on the internet via some device or add on, its just a blag way to watch everything. It is the future of tv and media though ie every through one device which would be a tv probably.

Dry as a bone.

Aches that take ages to go away

As a nipper you exert yourselves, ache for a day and everything is back to normal. Now you strain tendons and other weak shit and it hurts for months

I have a aching ankle from a 17m hike round the forest a month ago and a hurty elbow which feels suspiciously like tennis elbow but I haven’t a clue how I did that

1 Like

Actually, that’s exactly what I was about to type. Yesterday was the third anniversary of my final alcoholic drink, and that makes me feel fucking ancient.

1 Like

Surely no booze makes you feel great

When you discuss movies at work and realise half the work force weren’t even born when the film being discussed was made.

3 Likes

Oh aye. There are people out there that have not seen GoodFellas. I struggle to live in this world.

No, it doesn’t.