Life rules

I’m calling bullshit again Bear! This character you’ve created just doesn’t work anymore, you’ve ruined the illusion, there’s no coming back no matter how hard you scream and shout about what a narcissistic free spirit you are! The first thing you did when the gf got preggers was ask her to marry you! Then you bought a house! Then you upgraded your job! That’s not what Mr FlyByTheSeatOfMyPants would do. You’re a TRADITIONALIST! A CONSERVATIVE! A RAT IN A CAGE!

Despite the outrage I feel right now, I will offer you a rule:

1. Always, even if you’re sure they know, tell the people you appreciate that you appreciate them once in a while.
4 Likes

I am getting Old. I can feel it happening! I’m not the bear I was 5 years ago srs. I feel self conscious in Top Shop. I’m thinking of getting a Pension. I’m starting to think that traffic calming is a Good Idea. I’ve stopped picturing myself as a Football Player, not even the Goalkeeper. I’m a Manager now. It’s awful :lou_sad:

7 Likes

You Big gray bear

2 Likes

I guess it’s all the youngsters you’re mixing with by the chip fryer. I guess the Wimpy demographic is slightly older so you should start feeling younger soon.

I’m hitting my 6th decade this year but I still feel 23 (mentally at least, physically is a different story).

And FWIW I’ve never liked Top Shop so you’ve gone (slightly) up in my estimation.

1 Like

Gives me some consolation to know that no matter how bad it gets, I’ll never be as old as @btripz

2 Likes

1 Like

@bearsy at 3 0’clock in the morning after a hard shift lifting frying baskets at BK

Which, coincidentally, is the same image of him in 5 years time after he’s changed little bear number 4’s nappy at 2.30 in the morning and the little bugger won’t go back to sleep…

1 Like

Eat, drink, fuck- but above all smile, laugh and be full of compassion and generous with your love

5 Likes

Reckon his missus might have something to say about that

5 Likes

Never revisit a crime scene.

12 Likes

Dont get caught

2 Likes

What’s that thing I read a while back where you are supposed to say yes to everything and your life becomes brilliant?

Anyway, in marriage you’ll say yes to everything Mrs Bear asks you to do - It’s doesn’t turn out like what I said above though. Unless you like saying “yes your mother can come to stay for 6 months”, or taking the bins out in the pouring rain or mowing the lawn with a killer hangover from hell floats your boat etc

Otherwise I think you should run. Run a bit more and keep on running just in case…

2 Likes

Good guys cum 2nd.

That’s in a threesome right?

1 Like

I don’t know about that one. I think saying no is a good thing. Like today at work.

Manager - do you want to take this difficult case, write a court report and go to court as your colleague is leaving in a few weeks. It will help your progression I keep telling you about.

Me - no, no thanks, I keep telling you that I don’t want to do that kind of work.

Especially as she is being paid more to do that kind of work. Her replacement (with the additional pay) can have it.

1 Like

4 Likes

Never ever, ever, stir the porridge…

Premature for who?

Life rule #1 of Marriage #2

Don’ you dare learn Polish. That way you won’ get dragged into all my family shit & I have an escape route.

Think you may be in trouble already then.

#2 be a team not a couple

#3 make her laugh

#4 if you are gonna be late tell her :wink:

#5 do NOT take her to watch Saints when they are playing shite such as Hull at home last season.

#6 apparently I’ve been told it’ polite to get her to choose the chick she wants to invite back for a threesome. That should avoid awkward moments and ensure it never happens oh and if she does pick one that is a babe because she is shit faced - don’t.

2 Likes

My main rule is ‘don’t stress about bad things you can’t positively influence’, I’m sure it has saved me many a headache and sleepless night. Although be warned other people (girlfriends/wives/bosses etc…) will often interpret this as ‘not caring/giving a fuck’ (which is sometimes true) and will often get you in trouble. It’s a double edge sword but I’m ok with it.

5 Likes