:leicesterfc: Leicester v Saints :saints: (League Cup)

Do I really have to explain? I suggest that speculation should be banned, then end my post with a comment that is, quite clearly, speculation. Geddit? No, clearly not, but I hope this helps.

3 Likes

it could take him 2 or 3 years to work it out.

2 Likes

except we all know you didn’t mean to end with the speculation.

When I pointed it out you pretended you’d meant it to make me look stupid.

Disgusting. I can do the making myself look stupid bit myself, TYVM.

Barry’s right. You’re just a killjoy.

Anyway we’ve been debating this post of yours all year. Well it was 2018 when we started earlier today and it’s still 2018 now so that’s a whole year and in all that time Saints haven’t won a game. *

We’re shit.

* @gavstar, please check DateTime mathematics.

4 Likes

There are a lot of excellent facts in that post, so you are to be most highly commended. And not only have Saints not won a game in the last year, as you correctly state - we haven’t even scored a goal. A whole fucking year, and no points, no goals - Christ on a fucking bike, how bad can it possibly get?

2 Likes

Is this 2 or 3 calendar years? Or 2 or 3 (or possibly 4) footballing years? Is there a footballing equivalent of a leap year, because that could also affect the outcome of this discussion?

5 Likes

Not sure, but it looks like any number of games, over any number of years(days,weeks,months, you decide), with whatever amount of goals suits your feelings that day, will be evidence enough. © @Fowllyd
No facts needed.

2 Likes

Yes happy to help. The last time Southampton FC won an EPL home game (caveat at St Marys stadium not The Dell) was approximately 1 odd years ago in the year 2018BC (Baz Calendar) when we royally thumped that there Bournemouth 2-1, I also think this coincides with the last time FoldyB said something intentionally funny that you didn’t get. Sadly it has been a barren few years since then as the league was reduced to 13 teams and we only play 12 odd home games a year (11.6 recurring to be exact about it). It’s safe to say if we can just win that 0.6r of a game (if it had been the Watford game we would have won all 2 points) it might be just what we need to kick start the rest of our season, although I admit this too is speculation even though I said ‘It’s safe to say’ at the start of the sentence. HTH.

9 Likes

Mark Hughes is shit, is that speculation, fact or rumour?
The board are asset strippers? As above.
Our policy is a policy of greed and now has failed and we have no plan B? As Above.

OK, so I obviously do need to explain. Here is my initial post, in all its glory:

I have to disagree with you here. I think speculation should be banned throughout the site, and that we should all deal only in fully substantiated facts. I reckon it would make the site a much better place.
Blockquote

As you can see, I start the post by saying that I think all speculation should be banned; I then end it by making a speculative comment. That was the point of the post - nothing more, nothing less. Were I to speculate, I’d say that all other forum members (with the obvious exception of Bletch, who’s as thick as mince) got this.

I’m not remotely interested in discussing football (or any other matters, come to that) with you, as experience shows that it’s an exercise in pointlessness. But with a bit of luck you’ll now have understood the original post.

If you want to deal in facts alongside football you’re in for a lonely ride.

Do you ever actually read anything that’s posted? Or are you merely pretending to be as dense as platinum?

1 Like

I don’t pretend

Smashing. Glad that’s all sorted.

1 Like

I do love a match thread! :laughing:

2 Likes

Wow. Our Presser got a huge turnout

https://twitter.com/JamesSavundra/status/1068148371213508609?s=19

Looks packed, no one is arsed, apathy has transcended from the board to the press.

I have to say, I’m leaning toward total indifference at the moment, a position I think I’m going to retain until I see evidence that we don’t have complete plonkers in charge.

Fair play to Sparky. He saved us from relegation when we were heading toward the drop. Was he the man to take the Southampton way forward, whatever the fuck that ever meant? Or did Ralph and the gang simply have no better ideas?

None of us know the constraints at the club either, so I can’t be too hard on any of the managers. I do know that quality player exits eventually overtook quality player acquisitions.

I hope the people in charge prove me wrong, but I’m probably not going to be happy or interested until we have different people in charge.

This season has been a shitshow.

5 Likes

The constraints are as I have always said, a gamble on the cheap, we’re now a busted flush and we’re fucked.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/11565501/leicester-0-0-southampton-6-5-on-pens

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: :saints: Saints v Man U :manunitedfc: (PL)