:pl: :leicesterfc: Leicester City v Saints :saints:

:leicesterfc: v :saints:

• @shroppie has a good feeling about this one. Slow start then super subs win it 3-1 to :saints: (I presume it’s :saints: as the 3 is first and :leicesterfc: are the home team but who knows)
  • :saints: seem do well at :leicesterfc:, :saints: to win and we’re going to play 4-2-2-fucking-2!!
  • :leicesterfc: not had the best of starts to the season, :saints: can always help with that :leicesterfc: esterfc: to win
  • score draw
  • bore draw

0 voters

Good feeling about this one. Slow start then super subs win it 1-3 (to mollify the pedants)

1 Like

:man_facepalming:
FFS

1 Like

Poll added to the OP

A post was merged into an existing topic: :soccer: :arrows_clockwise: The Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Perraud unavailable

A Sutton speaks :-

Leicester v Southampton

Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl seems to be under a bit of pressure, which seems unfair so early in the season, so it was important for him that they came back from 2-0 down to draw with Leeds last time out.

Hasenhuttl had been tinkering with playing three at the back during pre-season, but he went back to a four against Leeds, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him stick with that here.

Leicester also have problems at the back, not helped by having the uncertainty over Wesley Fofana’s future hanging over them, but the Foxes still have plenty of quality going forward.

There will be goals in this one, and I’m going with Brendan Rodgers to get his first win of the season.

Sutton’s prediction: 2-1

GK’s prediction: 1-1

There may be a glimmer of hope.
Private trip to Auschwitz tomorrow. There is a danger I may not be back in tie for kick off.
If I don’t watch we sometimes fluke a result.

But will be trying to get back, I have a lot of Ale to get through

My message to Ralph today.

Please………
Pick your best team
Don’t play folk out of position
Don’t play weird formations that no one is comfortable with.
Don’t set up not to lose - you have the players to beat Leicester, so set up to win!
Use players off the bench in good time - 5 minutes on the pitch is just pointless.

2 Likes

What do you propose to do with our defence?
With no left back?
Don’t see he has any choice but to start with 3 CBS

KWP at left back, Valery - who by the way, was a right back who Ralph favoured over Cedric when he arrived- at right back.

I don’t understand how Valery is deemed good enough for RCB but not short term at RB.

Throwing another bang average/piss poor CB in to the side just because we don’t have a left back is crazy. Especially when the ends don’t justify the means - ie we are not more resolute defensively with 3 CBs as we’ve conceded 6 goals in 160 minutes playing that way.

I still fully expect him to go with the 3/5 though.

I know we aren’t playing Crystal Palace and there’s no Zaha to troll, but I’d even consider JWP at right back if it means not shoehorning another poor centre back in to the side.

Romeu can then come in and play alongside Lavia, because we all know he is ACTUALLY a number 8, not a 6. :lying_face:

2 Likes

4 at the back. Djenepo at LB, Salisu and ABK in the centre. AArmstrong and Mara upfront.

Reasonably happy with that, but prefer Adams to AA

Applying anaesthesia before the game.

4 Likes

I suspect you’ll need more than that

2 Likes

Adams missed training most of this week with a knock, only trained yesterday

Strong bench at least

Keep the fucking ball for fucking fuck sake !!!

3 Likes