šŸ”„ January 2020 transfer window

However, every young player seems to think that a move to a big six club will get them game time. Instead, they warm the pine. At least they have the pounds :roll_eyes:

The press reckon itā€™s all his Agents fault - say theyā€™ve been angling for a high profile move for ages. Also itā€™s rumoured he thinks the Manager has lost the dressing room, there is no vision in the Club and future investment is in doubt.
He was told to get on the Bus, but going through tunnels put him off. Feel for the lad, actually.

7 Likes

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11908615/joe-bryan-southampton-rival-watford-with-interest-in-fulham-left-back

I thought that Marin Pongracic (CB) looked good but there are lots of Wolfsberg articles

Ex-Saintā€™s player making an upward move for a change :man_shrugging:

Transfer gossip: Leicester ask Man Utd about Luke Shaw

Before we whittle all those stories off worth looking at a couple of bits of transfer tittle-tattle.

And according to the Daily Mail, Leicester City have sounded Manchester United out about the availability of 24-year-old defender Luke Shaw in case fellow English left-back Ben Chilwell, 23, moves to Chelsea.

Itā€™s all in the gossip.

KWP & The lad from Fulham it is then

Yoshi off?

Fucking Brendan.

(weā€™ll get a good price for him)

Judging from this Iā€™d be surprised if we end up signing anybody in this window.

http://www.skysports.com/share/11909924

I agree with all he says, butā€¦

If we get an injury at either left or right back weā€™re in worrying territory.

That said itā€™s much easier to bring a player into a team that is performing well.

On balance Iā€™d probably be cautious this window but would certainly look for quality in one of those positions - probably Cedricā€™s successor.

3 Likes

SIMS CLOSE TO NEW YORK RED BULLS SWITCH

Southampton winger Josh Sims is close to completing another loan move to MLS side New York Red Bulls .

The 22-year-old spent the first half of the Premier League season on loan in New York before returning to Southampton in December at the end of the MLS campaign.

Despite reported interest from Championship sides Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday, Red Bulls are close to taking Sims - who scored once in eight games during his loan spell - back to the states before the new MLS season starts at the end of February.

Sims has made 27 first team appearances for Southampton since making his debut against Everton in November 2016.

He also played 18 times for Reading in the Championship during a loan spell last season.

Might as well just sell him. He clearly doesnā€™t have a future here. If he couldnā€™t get into the team during our really shit spell then he never will.

2 Likes

Orā€¦ Iā€™m almost scared to say itā€¦ if Danny Ings gets injured. We need Che to score soon just in case.

2 Likes

Some fans moaning.
Some fans blaming Gao taking the money.
Me? I just agree with Ralph.
Makes perfect sense, buy the RIGHT players to fit the team dynamic, not someoneā€™s Football Manager game ratings.
We need 2 Full Backs because Bertie & Cedric are likely to be in demand.
We need DM Cover that is better moving the ball than Romeu, but none of those are mission critical this window

3 Likes

This makes me wonder if theyā€™ll offer Cedric new terms. Surely not, though. Ralph has talked him up recently and perhaps there arenā€™t as many suitors for him as he hoped? I reckon heā€™ll still go.

I agree with your assessment of our requirements but we still need a centre back of higher calibre than what we have. I know Stephens and Bednarek are playing well at the moment but thereā€™s no strength in depth there. Still needs an overhaul in that department in the summer. Danso can go back having failed to play any games at centre back, probably take the opportunity to part ways with Yoshida (unpopular opinion and I could support both sides of the argument), try and get rid of Hoedt for good and maybe Vestergaard if thereā€™s any takers.

1 Like

I agree, although I suspect NYRB arenā€™t offering a fee and just want a loan.

Bite their hands off gives us ā‚¬10mil for an upgrade, could pull Reed back from loan as cover