It's for charidee!

Final training run this morning. Twelve miles along the country lanes, the sun shone and lots of pretty little birdies flitted about the hedgerows. I also saw a lone swallow on a telegraph wire, but I know better than to think it’s summer on that basis. And I can still walk, just like Dr Stragelove (who I also remsemble in so many other ways).

4 Likes

Good work Fowllyd!

1 Like

Good luck to Fowllyd this morning. Don’t forget to enjoy it!

1 Like

Are there going to be sponges thrown and video’s?

1 Like

Oh by the way best of luck.

1 Like

Back home now, legs feeling a bit wobbly and feet more than somewhat sore. I did enjoy it though - excellent route, with loads of people cheering on the runners, offering sweets and suchlike.

My time, according to Strava, was 2:27:58, or 2:25:01 when you take out the couple of toilet stops. Always felt I’d be more than happy with a sub 2:30 time given my age and that this is my first ever half-marathon (don’t think I’ve ever run more than 10km before, and then a good few years ago).

Time now for a bacon sandwich, to be followed by a hot bath with Epsom salts.

10 Likes

Oh, and just so we don’t lose sight of the reason that I did it, here’s why.

2 Likes

Hey @fowllyd well done mate, great achievement for an old 'un :lou_wink_2:

Hope you raise loads of dosh for Anna’s project

1 Like

Well at two, twenty-seven, fifty-eight, that’s got to put you near the top of the times in the 70+ age group.

You might have just pipped @lifeintheslowlane with that time.

But what impresses me is the 2 (two) toilet stops that you got in in those two minutes, fifty-seven seconds.

Strava will tell you that that is an average of one minute, twenty-eight and a half seconds per ‘toilet stop’.

I can’t even wash my hands in that time, let alone piss.

You did wash your hands, didn’t you @fowllyd ?

All matey jesting aside, that’s a fucking fantastic performance…

…by your urologist!

(and you, a little bit, well a bit more than a little bit, but not a lot more…)

x

4 Likes

Well, @saintbletch , they had hand sanitiser in the toilets, which speeded up the process no little and indeed quite some. Many thanks for your kind words, you cunt.

3 Likes

well done mate - I did look out for you but I left just before the first wave of wheezy people on zimmer frames started coming in.

3 Likes

Haven’t run a halfer for 20 years but I could probably still beat the 2.30 mark quite easily :lou_wink_2:

No…I’m not going to prove it to you…you’ll just have to take my word for it.

3 Likes

Well done Fowllyd! Good race innit? I did 59.12 for the 10k and about two hours for the seven pints in the South Western :wink:

1 Like

Bloody good race - hoped I might see you round about the finish, but it was fair rammed (and you were probably already en route to a well-earned pint or seven by the time I finished! Didn’t realise we’d actuall run through St Mary’s - that was really fucking cool.

2 Likes

I can feel a Sotonians group charity run coming on for next year :lou_lol:

1 Like

Fuck off!

2 Likes

Go on RB - all you’ll need to do is trot around the block, then hang around the finish line until the time seems right to cross it.

3 Likes

Brilliant job! Seriously good work mate. Am trying to donate just now but the site is down temporarily - probably because I am in Oz - but will sort that out soon. Happy days with the recovery beer and butties

3 Likes

Thanks mate - much appreciated. The Virgin Giving site was pretty flaky yesterday, no doubt as a result of loads of post-London marathon sponsorship going in.

And just so you can see what it did to me…

OK, so this was at the finish line, so I can say I had a right to look like that!

2 Likes