It's for charidee!

Not that I’d wish or be able to steal the Goat’s thunder, but nevertheless here we go…

On the 23rd April I’ll be running the Southampton half-marathon, to help my stepdaughter Anna raise money towards a three-week volunteering project that she’ll be doing in June. To read more about the project just follow this link.

I’m sure you must all be aware of what running a half-marathon could do to a man of my age, so make with the donations, motherfuckers. Pretty please.

7 Likes

If you desire a calf rub at the 10 mile mark I believe there are people who hang around on the common who can do that for you.

1 Like

Would they be carrying flasks of hot chocolate by any chance?

It’s a cracking day Fowllyd! Take your time and enjoy it!

3 Likes

Will you be dressing as St George to do this and carrying a big heavy sword?

Take your time he says - and they call me sarcastic.

3 Likes

Think he should wear one of those deep sea diving suits, you know the ones, with the really heavy lead shoes.

1 Like

Interesting thought - I’d need to take a week off work and to complete the course though! Thanks for the donation btw - much appreciated.

No worries - it’s a pleasure

Now just need the other mo’fo’s on the site to cough up and job done…simple.

Big bump here, mainly to pass on thanks to Big Generous Bob, Goatboy and Saint or Sinner for their generous donations. My step-daughter was a tad puzzled by the odd names mysteriously appearing on her page (which you can find here, by the way). Once I told her you’re friends of mine she realised that it’s not just the names that are odd. :lou_wink_2:

5 Likes

How’s the training going?

Do you need me to cycle alongside with a megaphone or to shout abuse at you yet?

1 Like

Nice bump there, @rallyboy - training’s going pretty well. Did a run of about eight miles on Saturday morning - rather more up and down than the Southampton route will be, which is no bad thing. Felt fine afterwards and feel fine for 5-a-side tonight, so that’s got to be good. And while I bow to no man in my admiration of your abuse-shouting qualities, I’ll forego the pleasure of said abuse for the time being. :lou_lol:

All you other motherfuckers - get your hands on your keyboards and love in your cold, cold hearts. Here’s Annas page once again - get donating. Just think of a 57-year-old reprobate running further than he’s ever done in his life, try not to laugh too much, and give generously.*

* This clearly doesn’t apply to all those wonderful motherfuckers who have already made donations. They can just think of me running and laugh.

Went to donate but Virgin ask for details, don’t do that any other way?

Do they? There are options for name/nickname and message, and they ask for your email address, but I don’t know if they ask for anything more than that as my wife did the donation that we made.

You can use your name / nickname.

Email address is to confirm the donation but you can opt out of the usual junk emails.

Bank details needed obvs, but done securely

Nothing to be afraid of .

Remember to include Gift Aid.

I will have a look later.

A big thank you to @steveintheforest and @saintbletch for their generous contributions. I may wear a flowery shirt to do the run in homage to Bletch. Or I may not.

1 Like

I will have a look later, forgot sorry.

:lou_lol: @steveintheforest

1 Like

Do this thing, Bazzington, and you will be instantly trasnformed from a bell to a leg.

1 Like