đŸ‡źđŸ‡± Israel

And because it was part financed by Israel, who had hardliners fed up with Palestinians moderates.

2 Likes

Does Hamas subjugate its own people? Have any of you asked yourself that? You think Palestine is uniformly united in the goals and aspirations of its people?
Gay rights?
Womens rights?
Democracy and fair elections?

And what happened to those moderates? Where did they go?

This indicates I am correct? I know I am correct so acknowledge and stop with the insults or I’ll put it another way, play the post and not the poster.

Why should I acknowledge something that is not true?

Insults? When did you become a thin skinned snowflake :rofl:

This is an older article, and who can say whether this view is commonplace, but it’s been a rather dangerous one in the past.

That’s quite funny, as he uses the exceptioalist argument to deny any wrong doing of Bibi the corrupt as they come, mass murderer.
How’s that going Miki :lou_facepalm_2:

Trump today signed the formal declaration recognizing Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights. Doing his bit to try and get corrupt Bibi over the line in the upcoming election. Or perhaps he has more spiritual reasons!

Personally, i think the reason is far more related to Mammon! Huge oil reserves were discovered in the Golan Heights in 2015. Following the discovery Netanyahu’s government granted exclusive drilling rights to Afek, an Israeli subsidiary of New Jersey based energy company Genie Energy Ltd.
The Strategic Advisory Board of Genie Energy is a right old rogues gallery of the usual suspects. Richard (Dick) Cheney, Rupert Murdoch, former US ambassador to the UN and Energy Secretary in the Clinton administration Bill Richardson, Chairman of the Rothschild group of companies Jacob Rothschild, former director of the CIA James Woolsey. All of this completely ignored by the vast majority of the MSM, as if it is of no relevance to the decision by the USA to recognize Israels illegal occupation of the Golans as suddenly legal. And of course those who do poke their head above the parapet and ask awkward questions will immediately be labelled ‘anti-semitic’. This is just Israel doing what Israel does best, stealing land and resources from their rightful owners. Nothing to see here folks, move along!

4 Likes

Sadly, possession is nine tenths of the law.

Even more sadly, this possession went well beyond the boundaries of law in 1967, and has been in open contravention of those laws ever since.

What is the point of having a United Nations when the only nations with any real power use that power to allow injustice to flourish? The UN is not fit for purpose anymore. If I were amongst their delegates, I’d be looking to disband the organisation in favour of a replacement without such obvious disadvantages.

The League of Nations failed because it had no big party buy in, and no teeth. The UN failed for the opposite reasons; too much big party buy in, all bearing their teeth. Oddly enough, both organisations ended up toothless.

Time for something new.

2 Likes

The single biggest thing that should be done is remove all of the veto holding 5 permanent members of the Security Council -USA, China, Russia, France and the UK - then good stuff might get done.

3 Likes

I can see at least two of those countries joining an organisation where they did not have those rights if it was the only effective game in town. There would be a certain attraction in being first in.

Besides, the rest of the world could organise things quite happily without them. It’s not as if those five countries are the only game in town anymore, or ever were. They were just on the winning side of the Second World War.

Yeah, but they never will, because power never does that unless it has to.

See also, the unelected executive of the European Union.

Bollocks I should had a fiver on that as the next post

:lou_lol:

Isreal thread?
All a bit Russia.

I think it a perfectly rational comment in light of the preceding subject matter. It doesn’t make the point about power any less true; few ever want to cede what has been gained. Doesn’t really prevent its applicability to this context.

Neither organisation will undergo significant reform in a democratic direction. The UN can’t. The EU won’t, and let’s not forget the EUs role in enabling the tinpot coup in Venezuela.

Venezuela as well?
The threads subject has had a hand in both, but the American hard right, more so(if you can really separate them).
Let’s hope we don’t align with either when we leave :lou_facepalm_2:

All I’m doing is illustrating the ability of supra-national organisations to promote or prolong injustice. I’m really not that interested in the multi-topic bar-fight, although seeing as it has been brought up, I’ll ask a couple of questions in the Venezuela thread.

I applaud sir’s quest for thread purity.

1 Like

He can’t handle that cunt Putin being mentioned alongside the cunt that is Trump and the cunt that is Netanyahu, he cries.

This is why we’ll never be on Newsnight, @Barry-Sanchez.

BBC proof-readers would bin us immediately because you don’t establish who he is.

Apart from that, this is some of your best work. I can’t quite work out if you’re calling people cunts or you’re positing cunts that take on the personas of world leaders.

It’s the ambiguity I like.

1 Like

It gives me a headache tbf. I can’t keep up. Must be an age thing.