Is this racist?

I appreciate how this must seem plain wrong, but I do think the context is that black folks have been oppressed whether through slavery or apartheid or simply segregation …and not that far in the distant past… had it been the other way round, the sensitivities would likely be the other way round… so I can understand why for us white folks its all just a laugh if someone ‘whited up’… as opposed the the other way round where the inhuman lack of respect is still very close to the surface?

True…and I also have issues with this as it seems our old mate Bazza is happy to use such nonsense from the idiots who are offended on others behalf as a stick to beat liberals with… I am unsure what has presented Barry with the idea that liberals are to blame for all ills… the alternative is that every decision is made by the more authoritarian and less tolerant…

Fair to say it is not exclusive to whites… racism is sadly part of all communities

You haven’t read what I wrote here,

The classical liberal is dead, the whingy entitled embarrassing liberal killed them via a moaning tweet and a hammer of a blow by some hummus…

Being permanently offended is the UK’s only growth industry.

Who are these people barry? All i have seen is a few ‘outraged stories in the Daily Heil’ - typically giving what i call the ‘Yuri Gellar Con’ - He would go on TV and tell people to go find and old watch that did not work… he would use his mind to get them working again… only for 3 or four folks to then call in and say it worked - hooray! Only, the truth is that there is no mention of the 200,000 that do not start miraculously working, nor the fact they don’t actually work just the hands moving a bit when the watch was disturbed… yet folks believe his woo shit… Daily Mail highlights story of some ‘PC gone mad’ heap of shit, and cuddly the whole country is a bunch of lily-livered liberals as an insult… mind boggles at how folks are sucked into believing thsi based on a few isolated examples…

1 Like

I’ll tell you one thing feminists aren’t offended by, the Muslim faith.

All aboard the bazza bingo bus.

It took you this long to work Baz out @dinger ?

:lou_wink:

We do get in to circular argument territory with old Barry… for his obvious entertainment purposes… anyway as I see it

1. Barry makes an interesting an important point that there remain many customs and practices associated with some cultures and religions that we in our Western non-faith based moral and ethical code find at best out dated and at worst reprehensible (think circumcision male and female), in breech of what we consider basic human rights

2. His argument then becomes a bit silly when he suggests that liberals are frightened of addressing any of these issues for fear of causing offence…blah blah blah

3. We then go round in circles whereby we Barry ignores any arguments that suggest this is simply not true

There is a serious issue here, and one that warrants sensible debate, not nonsense about liberal values - the last time looked, being sensitive to cultural differences whilst recognising the need for change was not a bad thing

Tell that to victims of hideous crimes due to an aversion to confront for fear of being labelled.

I’d say that being permanently offended is more of a growth industry for conservatives than liberals.

More a default setting?

Other than the founding of the Tang dynasty in China, what happened in 618 AD?

Southampton FC won at home.

3 Likes

Barry seems permanently offended by liberals. That’s basically everyone who doesn’t share his views. Life must offend him a lot.

SRSLY?
You need to get out more

Let’s face it…he’s the Perfect personification of what he himself would call, a SNOWFLAKE. :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

I’m more of the right to offend person to be honest.

Thing is in simple terms:

Will calling someone a cunt stop them acting like one, or make them more aggressively cuntish?

Or if you want someone to stop acting like a cunt, will you have greater influence if you know them better, get them to trust you and listen to your advice? Over time , get them to stop being such a cunt all the time?

I am just surprised you seem comfortable with option 1, which tends to frequently lead to a loss of teeth etc…

Could this be a metaphor, or is it more allegorical ? (English was never my string point)

A violent liberal, the right to offend is incredibly important,

I think you need to differentiate between ‘offend’ and critique… there is a huge difference… Causing offence tends to entrench views, rational debate is a more effective agent of change…

2 Likes

Agreed, rational debate on a mass scale, we all need to mass debate together to make this world a better place.

2 Likes