Is this racist?

Can you give us some examples from your extensive dancehall knowledge?

1 Like

Anyway lets move on, its a known that there are issues in all forms of society with race, colour and sexual orientation, some more than others have a way to go.

It had been snowing all night. So at …

8:00 I made a snowman.

8:10 A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn’t make a snow woman.

8:15 So, I made a snow woman

8:17 My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman’s voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere

8:20 The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead

8:22 The transgender person asked why I didn’t just make one snow person with detachable parts

8:25 The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 I am being called a racist because the snow couple is white…

8:31 The Muslim gent across the road demands the snow woman wear a burqa

8:40 The Police arrive saying someone has been offended

8:42 The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needs to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role

8:43 The Government equalities officer arrived and threatened me with eviction

8:45 TV news crew from the BBC shows up. I am asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I reply, “Snowballs” and am called a sexist.

9:00 I’m on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobic sensibility offender bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 I am asked if I have any accomplices… My children are taken by social services

9:29 Far left protesters offended by everything are marching down the street demanding for me to be beheaded

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It’s just the world in which we live today and it’s going to get worse.

4 Likes

The snowman/woman was made by snowflakes…

Lots of snowflakes from you tonight. Winters here, but a bit premature with the snowflakes falling. Could be a cold one this year though.
Will that make people that moan about it snowflakes?
Snowflakes moaning about winter would be a bit weird.

Shows that when all those snowflakes come together they make something great!

1 Like

Not sure the world is like that, some people believe it to be so.

A self loathing liberal soup mix?

Is it racist for a Millennial who has been through the less than perfect British education system and may have not learnt about the horrors of the Black & White Minstrel show in the 60’s?
Is that even taught in schools?

Sorry, bucks, this is not reality… its what some feel is happening when they here one story, often ridiculed in some less enlightened press. The problem his very simple. There is sadly a huge amount of discrimination remaining society, often very subtle ad to some extent, everyone is probably guilty of it now and again, often innocently. The only real way to tackle this is through education both in schools, but more importantly in the home - there in lies the problem as if parents still harbour casual discrimination, its considered normal…

So groups representing the sections of society discriminated against have rightly campaigned for greater equality - and yes, some of the statements and actions can appear as if they are being ‘over-sensitive’ to what many feel is simply innocent banter… but that is the problem, unless you have experienced the offence, its not possible to really understand… so many do ridicule, its all ‘PC gone mad’ or that these groups are being over-sensitive… reality is ‘why does this cause many to ridicule, when it is doing absolutely no harm?’ Seriously, should some folks campaigning for equality really deserve our ridicule, even if we struggle to understand the offence caused?

The current ‘fashion’ for labelling everything and everyone doe not help… because inevitably they are insults - from ‘Liberal’ to ‘snowflake’ - now we are meant to be offended if we have more moderate and tolerant views or are offended by things? seriously, This is the same type of shit that most folks grow out of when they leave the playground, yet it all seems fair game for adults these days… I suspect its driven by the anonymity of social media, empowering keyboard warriors to revert to type.

… its why IMHO, anyone who attempts to use ‘PC gone mad’, liberal or snowflake within any debate loses all credibility… you cant actually be ‘over sensitive’ - you are either sensitive to the actions and words of others on you or not… as you are either sensitive of your words and actions impact on others or not…

…and its always cyclical (Politically and socially) - ‘Liberals’ are always blamed for the problems, when more extreme political views see an opportunity. It was not liberal attitudes that caused the global financial meltdown in 2006, but conservative greed… the austerity that follows is fertile ground for ‘authoritarian’ and more extreme politics… who blame not themselves, but ‘liberalism’ for the woes… Is suspect the current fashion is simply a reflection of this.

2 Likes

Good post MOT.

Equally, so many White people in general have never experienced racism to them, which I can assure everyone happens outside of Europe in far more ways than you allude to in your post all the way through to someone trying to hit you with their car while you pay for your petrol at a Gas Station pump.

It is NOT an English issue, it is incredibly prevalent in the under educated and simply intolerant in every Nation.

Great post.

Mine was a joke, sorry. And sorry for not making it clear. The sad reality IMO is that, scarily, bits of it are not very far from the truth for some folks.

2 Likes

True, no worries, post was not really aimed at you, more an observation as you rightly highlight what I believe is one of the problems. Maybe I am being paranoid, but i sometimes think there are sections of society who deliberately try and undermine these campaigns with the ridicule… to create the attitude that we should all be ‘fatigued’ by these campaigns… and therefore not take them seriously etc.

We only get one shot at life… its often too short, so my rule of thumb has always been to try and understand and encourage others with different needs to live it to the full, ideally unhindered by prejudice (all within what is legal obviously)

2 Likes

Blaming liberals isn’t the problem as the liberals are the problem.

If you listen to a liberal in this Country you’d think this is the most heinous nation on the planet not arguably one of the most tolerant.

Why don’t feminist and liberals have the courage to tackle discrimination in all groups as opposed to solely one?

Liberals and a being scared of being labelled is the reason we see Rotherham’s, Oxfords and the list could go on.

You’re being very liberal with your use of the word liberal Baz.

4 Likes

Presumably you’ve heard of intersectional feminism?