šŸŒ Is the planet Earth doomed?

Quote from the Bible?

Quote from reality :laughing:

A reality devoid of science?

Thatā€™s the Bible.

Sorry true :blush: 2 billion years in itā€™s current state.

You believe human will be here in a couple of billion years?

Couple of decades more like.

I believe human Saint or Sinner is a contrary cunt

If that makes reality easier to ignore, good for you.

Guy McPherson is talking shit and for some reason youā€™re choosing to believe him over all the other climate change scientists (I say ā€œall the otherā€ which is a bit misleading as it makes it sound like McPherson is a climate change scientistā€¦ and heā€™s not). Climate change scientists donā€™t exactly paint a rosy future and should be listened toā€¦ This bloke undermines their valuable work by belittling it and giving deniers the chance to mock the very notion.

What surprises me more than you believing this idiot is the pleasure you seem to take from telling us weā€™re all going to die and that theyā€™re nothing we can do about it. Weā€™ll if thatā€™s the case, whatā€™s the point in telling us?

I usually agree with what you say, SOS, but this is just batshit crazy talk. Mankind is not going to die out by 2026.

Dying in 2026 does solve a few issues though. I can now legitimately tell the Ayatollah to fuck off when she starts crapping about my diet and my drinking. I can also stop paying into a pension and use the savings to get royally twatted over the next 8 years.

Whats not to like?

Oh given that Corbyn is at the helm, you are all likely to spend the rest of your lives under the rule of the Tories.

Where have i said anything of the sort?

over all the other climate change scientists (I say ā€œall the otherā€ which is a bit misleading as it makes it sound like McPherson is a climate change scientistā€¦ and heā€™s not).

Again, i have done no such thing.

Climate change scientists donā€™t exactly paint a rosy future and should be listened toā€¦ This bloke undermines their valuable work by belittling it and giving deniers the chance to mock the very notion.

Heā€™s not really belittling it, just saying that itā€™s definitely going to happen and long before we believe(and science does believe).

The only constant in this field is the fact that every prediction has come earlier than originally thought.

What surprises me more than you believing this idiot

Where have i said i believe him? Stop doing a Ted and making up bollocks. Go back and you will see words like maybe and possibly when referring to Guy.

is the pleasure you seem to take from telling us weā€™re all going to die and that theyā€™re nothing we can do about it.

No pleasure, just amazement at the head in sand attitude of the bulk of people. That level of willful ignorance deserves the piss taken out of it.

Thereā€™s lots we can do, but we chose not too, despite all the evidence. Maybe Guy is the sane one(maybe, not definitely).

Weā€™ll if thatā€™s the case, whatā€™s the point in telling us?

If people are to survive, they better start talking about it, if not, i think itā€™s only fair we face up to the destruction we have brought on all life.

I usually agree with what you say, SOS, but this is just batshit crazy talk.

Possibly, but no more batshit crazy than those that deny the massive problems coming.

Mankind is not going to die out by 2026.

I donā€™t think so either*, but anyone that thinks renewables or creating food out of thin air is going to save us, is delusional on religious scale.

2035 would be my guess :lou_smiley:

Start hoarding the rum and red wine :lou_lol:

The real pisser is that i will never get to taste the leoville las Cases 2016 that is maturing away in my cellar at its prime

Thatā€™s the kind of hardship that people forget. You have my deepest sympathy(assuming Guy is correct). If you ever need a hand disposing of it, iā€™m feeling charitable.

I just put my phone down to do something and this next bit was on the screen when i picked it up. Phone was in front of me all the time, so no one else touched it. What the fuck happened?

just chuck it via customs church via church culture culture culture culture culture culture chihuahua culture u uv u u guy u u u church u 7v u u u u can 6fy 6f 6 y6676y. Check 6y y6676y u y7y come up y7y. Very yummy chicken. Very 7 very. Yum yum 77 very cute 76 you can. 6.y.y.y6.y.y yum chicken y7ty. Can x. 6 you. Yum chicken yum yum chicken yy7 yum yum y6676y yum yum chicken y6676y yum yum, yum yum, yum v6 yum curry y7y chicken yum yum. Very. Very. Yum y6676y yum yum yum yyyyyyyyyyyyyy yum y7y u yum yum yyyyyyyyyyyyyy yy6ygy676t66666y6 y6676y 6y 6y 6 6 you, 6y zxzr 6, 666t66

Oh get over itā€¦I might not get that far as Iā€™m apparently in my ā€œtwilight yearsā€ but at least I was able to experience something you youngsters missed out onā€¦the squeeky orange selophane wrapper around a bottle of Lucozade.

When we were confined to bed as youngsters with another bout of Diptheoria, Smallpox or Rickets there was that reassuring squeek of the wrapper coming off of another restorative bottle of Lucozade.

Iā€™ll always have thatā€¦Lucozade that is, not Rickets.

4 Likes

@lifeintheslowlane donā€™t forget the icicles that grew out of the cream in milk bottles when they were left on your doorstep in the winter.

And then nicking said icicle when doing your early morning paper round for a bob!!

1 Like

Less than a bob a dayā€¦5 bob a week mate. We also had to scrape the ice off the inside of the bedroom windows to see out in the winter. Kids today are just soft, downy petals. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

3 Likes

For some reason, I fancy KFC for lunch

2 Likes

Oh deary meā€¦the deniers are getting desperateā€¦

:lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

Some rather important food staples are losing their nutritional worth. This is a massive problem.

But some will argue increased CO2 is good for plant growth.

Worrying, but not as worrying as the ozone problems.

Ground-level ozone pollution is already decreasing global crop yields (from āˆ¼2.2ā€“5.5% for maize to 3.9ā€“15% and 8.5ā€“14% for wheat and soybean, respectively), to differing extents depending on genotype and environmental conditions, and this problem is predicted to escalate given climate change and increasing ozone precursor emissions in many areas.

Crop yields have been in decline for a few years now. Add these discoveries to the ever growing list of problems and itā€™s just an acceleration of a problem that was always coming.

Food wars before 2030 i reckon.

The Earth is dying, that is a fact.