šŸŒ Is the planet Earth doomed?

Seeing stories today about a 5G trial in Holland.
And lots of dead birds dropping out the sky.

Now THAT is going to be a worry, wonky WiFi so canā€™t load the link

@Saint-or-sinner mentioned something about this at the Fulham game. Apparently 5G is NOT good, too strong a signal too low a frequency, something like that.

I remember that. The wonderful Sharon Goldburg.
Hereā€™s the one i mentioned and everyone should pay close attention to what she says.

And a bit longer.

Plenty of stuff online about the dangers of 5G, but this is balanced by other stuff, such as this:

2 Likes

This kind of, feel like your doing something when youā€™re quite clearly not, bullshit article makes it all to clear that thereā€™s no hope.

A fucking hour. Am i the only one that finds this meaningless bollocks offensive?
Maybe the idiots that hail this non event should look at this(should be simple enough for their tiny brains).
Apparently itā€™s too big and needs resizing(yes, my brain is too small for that task), so click the link.

Anyone with the brain capacity to resize and edit this post, i thank you in advance(thatā€™s you BobšŸ˜).

Nick Humphrey writes very well, on the only real issue facing everyone.

The conversation no one knows how to have.

ā€œIā€™m literally watching the Arctic ā€œroastā€ itself in temperatures more than 20 C/36 F above normal across vast areas, bringing sea ice to the brink of ā€œextinctionā€ within years (not decades) and no one cares. A destroyed Arctic air mass and sea ice will mean basically unstoppable rapid global warming on timescales meaningful for humans and other species on this planet. Killer heat waves, hurricanes with intensities that shake your bones, rain ā€œbombsā€ which destroy livelihoods. Freely available info on public government sites. Anyone care?ā€

https://www.patreon.com/posts/25635061

1 Like

Mixed feelings about Lake Titicaca as I thought my dad and I would die there. But it is stunning and should be nice and clean.

We are savedā€¦

Lots of thoughts
Ah, that explains some of Bazzaā€™s posts.
Dark me, this bloke teaches kids, no wonder millenials are fvcked up
This takes space in MSM and Yellow Vests donā€™t
And repeat

1 Like

Been here before.
Buy Diesel they are better for the environmentā€¦

Buy Electric, they are oh waitā€¦

Deeply fallacious thinking in that article, along with a massively misleading headline. While electric cars do indeed depend on the generation of electricity to charge their batteries, that electricity could be generated cleanly. Furthermore, battery technology can and will advance. Whereas a diesel car is a diesel car is a diesel car (and thereā€™s a lot more than just CO2 that they splurge out).

Reducing the need to travel, using feet or bicycles for short journeys, and not making unnecessary journeys are all far better ways of combatting climate change than any electric car will ever be. Walking and cycling also bring their own additional health benefits.

3 Likes

And how would I get to work at present require the following to just get there.

Car to do 119 km round trip to Airport
2 airplanes average 3 hours flying time
2 taxis 10 mins each
1 helicopter 2 engine 40 mins flying time.

Benali could carry you on his back.

9 Likes

Is this the place for this?

Seems a sensible use of Chinaā€™s military if you ask me.

Maybe more countries could do the same on a more permanent basis?

3 Likes

May have been said beforeā€¦ but interwebsuperhighwaynet.com is full of weird and misleading shitā€¦ I would bet my house on no matter obscure an opinion you have, type it into google and you get plenty of ā€˜dataā€™ and ā€˜evidenceā€™ to support your opinionā€¦ which many do without questionā€¦ in fact too may place such trust in this unsubstantiated shit because its not the MSM which is dangerous.

With respect to the environmental damage we may or may not be causing, and the impact this is having, there is a huge amount of misinformation being spouted on the web. If you actually read peer reviewed scientific publications, then not only do these suggest a major concern over what we are doing, but because they are true peer reviewed scientific study, they ALL acknowledge that more study is needed.

However, itā€™s one thing that is FACT. If we fuck up the planetā€¦ itā€™s irreversible. The consequences may not be as bad as we think, but they could be a darn sight worse and what then? So teh ONLY course of action is to protect as much as we can, through whatever ways we can, even if it means economic impact nowā€¦ something they dont seem to understand in countries like the U, or Brazil with their new nationalist president (although the west should think about how to compensate Brazil if it protects rainforest)

Plusā€¦ do we really want to live in a world polluted? Where the oceans are swimming with plastic? where kids get ill through airborne particulate matter? We do have a choice and yet too many still think about the impact it has today on them, and not what we should be concerned about: the impact on our kids and grandkids futureā€¦

3 Likes

Weā€™re ermā€¦
The lady will tell you.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to do the extinction rebellion one in October, but Iā€™m flying out to Spain on holiday until the 11th. Sorry about that, Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll understand :grin::grin:

1 Like