šŸŒ Is the planet Earth doomed?

Me too Iā€™m cruising the Med trailing a slick of diesel emissions in some of the most sensitive eco-cultures in Europe.

BTW, yes we are already fucked.

1 Like

Iā€™m proud of the pair of the pair of you.
Burn what you can, before they burn you.
The futures bright(very by looks of it, although quite short).

1 Like

When the end comes, rest assured of two things; weā€™ll still be doing brexit, and the DFS sale will be about to endā€¦

4 Likes

Oh come on. Thatā€™s just plain silly.

1 Like

I didnā€™t say it was actually going to end. :grin:

1 Like

Along with PPI ads?

1 Like

Yep, they have officially ended

1 Like

Now that those birds have stopped phoning to ask if I had PPI Iā€™ve got no sex life at all. :angry::angry::angry:

Right so the egg heads at Cambridge have said they have reduced carbon emmissions .https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-49637723

can someone explain exactly how they have done this? As the cows to make the burgers were still there or killed, the fish was still fished. OK it did not go to Cambridge but I bet Oxford were eating it. the companys producing the food that they are not eating still produced it so how is the carbon footprint any different?

1 Like

Just passed the protest outside Carnival today.

So there are 20 people there, Carnival have told their staff to work from home because the protesters have said they will prevent staff entering the building and the protesters have some sort of smoke machine going - quite how that is helping the climate is beyond me.

Maybe itā€™s a dry ice smoke machine?

2 Likes

Is Greta beginning to overplay her hand?

She got an audience with Trudeau and then promptly says he is not doing enough and has done this to most leaders she has met (tbf he later agreed) and her speeches are a little Ranty.

The question is whilst currently she has done quite an amazing job of bringing attention to the subject on a remarkable scale - how long before the world gets bored of an angry teenager and she loses her momentum because every time some commits to something she dismisses it as insufficient

1 Like

How dare you??

(sniffle)

The trouble is the deniers gain stock that sometimes she will dry up when interviewed 1 to 1 and claim this is because her rants are scripted and she is a puppet. I know seemingly intelligent Americans who are amongst the deniers and see it as a ā€œLeftieā€ conspiracy and wonā€™t hear that the subject transcends politics.

To the deniers she is a figure of fun which is not nice to witness.

1 Like

I was quite a ranty 16 year old. She has the added autism which will bring itā€™s own challenges.
But they probably arenā€™t really doing enough.

1 Like

Greta is being led by people that have invested a lot of money and plan to make even more out of green washing(we donā€™t have time is a good place to start looking).
Theyā€™ve turned her into some kind of Pippi Longstocking character to fulfill their goals. Itā€™s all rather sad to watch(her mother is in on it).
As iā€™ve said before, some advice for anyone that thinks her rise to the point of meeting world leaders and the pope, within a couple of months was just good luck. Donā€™t be so gullible and weā€™ll win 65-0 today, honest.

Who is Cory Morningstar? There is a long piece on her work but I cannot find much. She obviously wrote her own bio.

What 16 yr old would not get wrong footed occasionally by a professional interviewer?

I just hope that whoever advises her makes sure she doesnā€™t become a parody of herself

The whole ā€œ you stole my childhood, you stole my dreamsā€ thing is a tad hysterical.

Someone who used to work for environmental NGOs, until she realised the complete fraud they all are.
When she first published the GT pieces she got the usual treatment from the established orders mouth pieces, led by the fool Monbiot. You know the kind of thing, ā€œpicking on an innocent childā€ and the like, even though she says no such thing.
Morningstar kept asking the fool to point out where she said this, or other things he fraudulently claimed. He didnā€™t reply for some reason. Not a good look, making a claim against someone then going into hiding. You can look at it if youā€™re on twitter. @elleprovocateur is her, but hereā€™s Tim Hayward s thoughts.

https://twitter.com/Tim_Hayward_/status/1122044972453257216?s=20

Who is she. Thisā€™ll give you a bit of information about her.

Tried to read above link you put above by Cory and just found it a bit too wordy for me.

Having done voluntary work I agree there are some issues with it and likely there is with NGOs. But there are so many commentators on line. It is hard to wade through all the for and against and then see where theyā€™re from and who theyā€™re paid by.
Pretty tedious.