Ingeerland's Next Manager

Have a thought for Guadiola

He is going to be returned a technically flawed £50m asset with shattered confidence - good luck with that one

1 Like

But Sterling has not been good since he left 'pool, he had, what, 1.5 good seasons at 'pool and was then thrown into the lions den, that is what destroyed his confidence.

He should have stayed at 'pool and not listened to his greedy agent!

He should not have been picked full stop!!

4 Likes

@ BTripz

“…he should have stayed at 'pool and not listened to his greedy agent!..”

I think this is the problem. Agents are giving the players an unrealistic view of their abilities - & the clubs seem to think that if a player costs £20m then they must be good - the player then thinks if a club will pay £20m for me then I must be good - the agent trousers his 10% and starts work on fluffing up the players ego ready for the next move…a vicious circle that needs to be broken?

2 Likes

I look at the Sky Bet list of new managers and I feel a little deflated. Not that I think for any second, that the issue has been the manager for 50 years, as there is a much more deeper issue than this from grass roots upwards. It would help though, if you pick the players on form not name and the club that they play for. There was a player playing in the Iceland team last night, who was playing or relegated Charlton last night, but the team where playing their 4 game in a row, with the same team. It is a team sport, you get to know where each other are playing and get better as the tournament goes on. You do not keep chopping and changing for the sake of it!

Yep, I’m just waiting for Rashford to be destroyed by his agent…

1 Like

Shearer says he fancies it but hasn’t got a cats chance in hell. Given the time he has spent forensically dissecting England failures he could be your man to put thing right.

Redknapp also touted Tim Sherwood so I think we know what he can do with his opinion. This is what it has come to, someone who hasn’t managed since an unsucessful spell at Wolves 10 years ago and two young managers who have either been or sent their clubs on the way to get relegated. It is supposed to be the national side, the best of everything the country has to offer and if any of those were touted as the next saints manager, I would think it was a wind up.

Saggy chops moves into 2nd favourite! :lou_facepalm_2:

i have read a few places people saying its at grassroots level…it isn’t its the FA and appointing the wrong man and leaving him there when he fails.

It wasn’t grassroots that put Sturridge right wing, picked the failed Sterling, picked the so out of form Kane, put on Wheelchair for Dier, gave Rashford 4 minutes and didn’t take different available options. I won’t mention taking Henderson…ooops

Townsend, Drinkwater and maybe Donkey Carrol should have gone.

Hodgson should have been sacked after Brazil.

Who to replace him…can we buy Jose out of his contract at Man Utd?

2 Likes

Everytime I see this thread at the top of the front page I cringe! Could I humbly suggest that Phil adds an apostrophe to the thread title, somewhere between the ‘d’ and ‘s’ in Englands would be good!

Thanks

1 Like

I would say it is a mixture of a lot of things. Believe me, I see a lot at grass roots and some of it would leave you shaking your head. The money is just not getting down to grass roots level, but you are right, the FA are fuckwombles as well. Then the manager is also one, along with the players!

1 Like

Dare I say that the Premier League should also shoulder a portion of the blame, they don’t do anything to help develop and nurture talent for the national team at all!!

1 Like

I make that about right. There are plenty of reasons why England don’t win International Tournaments, but none of them justify that performance last night.

1 Like

See Redknapp has been giving his usual car window interviews

Hodgson is really doing himself no favours in his press conference. To say “I don’t know what I’m doing here it isn’t my job anymore” really isn’t what people want to hear.

I have just spent my first season away from Grassroots so know exactly whats happening - first time in 14 years not been coach, manager and dad watching son play oh and dad of a very good referee who did academy games so had good broad spectrum of haves and have nots.

Hodgson just said he didnt know what he was doing at press conference…I thought that for 93 minutes last night

1 Like

Also the head of the FA, Martin Glenn, has just admitted to not being a “football expert”. Fuck sake that’s like having someone who is not a money expert in charge of the country’s budget…oh!!

I’m just catching up on his press conference, I think he’s being brutally honest and dignified at a time when he must be frigging livid with his players - personally I think he should be given credit for that.

1 Like

But when the bloke from the Football Association keeps repeating that he’s not a football expert, have we found our first big problem?

1 Like

Actually someone on twitter has thrown an interesting name into the hat, however being Scottish would he want the job, actually fuck the nationality would he want the poisoned chalice full stop…

Sir Alex of Ferguson