Ingeerland's Next Manager

Who should it be and why ?

Personally It should go to an English person (who is in charge of the ladies these days?)

But who do we have to put in ?

Do we just Promote Southgate after winning the Tolouse tournement and the players he won that with but adding in Forster and Bertrand (no Saints Bias here)

Or back to the old favourite and get another failed premiership manager in?

Redsack has this morning area lady spoken by informing the FA they don’t know how to appoint the right man… Personally, I would like nothing more than to see that particular twat get the job so that his myth is finally exposed …

1 Like

Does it have to go to an Englishman? If not then Guus Hiddink would be my choice. If the new manager is to be English, then Pardew would be worthy of consideration.

1 Like

We should appoint Klopp, Koeman or Mopo just to piss on Spurs and the bin dippers bonfire

Pelligrini is looking for work.

It will be someone who doesn’t speaks the facts even though they are glaring.

1. Foreign players carry English players.

2. English players are technically deficient.

3. We breed racehorses not cultured footballers.

4. Our domestic league does us no favours at all as teams will buy ready made players.

5. Without intervention this is it, this is as good as it gets.

6. This is an inherent English issue, no other nation freezes on stage as we do.

No other nation on the planet has this issue of desire, not one, this is solely an English football issue, players from elsewhere would walk through walls to play for their nation, ours would walk through an open door.

It would be unfair not to finish with Iceland, the best team and the best team by a long way.

6 Likes

You only have to see the passion that the Italians sing their national anthem to see they are up for it. Our lot seem paralysed by the fear of failure.

They should be used to failure, they are failures it shouldn’t bother them, their reputations are shot, until we have a larger pool of players to pick from we are screwed, this is it.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

It will be someone who doesn’t speaks the facts even though they are glaring. 1) Foreign players carry English players. 2) English players are technically deficient. 3) We breed racehorses not cultured footballers. 4) Our domestic league does us no favours at all as teams will buy ready made players. 5) Without intervention this is it, this is as good as it gets. 6) This is an inherent English issue, no other nation freezes on stage as we do. No other nation on the planet has this issue of desire, not one, this is solely an English football issue, players from elsewhere would walk through walls to play for their nation, ours would walk through an open door. It would be unfair not to finish with Iceland, the best team and the best team by a long way.

Good post Bazza, with some good points, many of which the incoming manager will be able to do nothing about.

But your point about no other nation, not having the desire, I’d take issue with.

I’ve seen Spain, with their myriad gifts twice play as if they have no passion. Once yesterday and once was in Brazil.

I don’t think that our players lack passion per se, but I do feel that inhibition kicks in and fear guides them.

What we have is a mental issue which is magnified the closer we get to a major final and what we see is an apparent lack of passion or a team that doesn’t care.

In reality we are too scared to care - in my view.

Next manager?

I’d give Southgate a go. He might do ok and anyone else would risk me starting to believe again that next time could be our time.

You mean replace one bewildered old man with another, (no I wasn’t referring to myself) I don’t think the FA would fall for that one again…would they?

As soon as people wake up and realise that gestalt plays a huge part in football the cycle will endlessly repeat.

We saw it with Greece in the euros, we saw it with Korea in the world cup ,Iceland last night and Leicester in the PL. The team spirit and the willingness to play together for a common goal beats hastuly bodged together collection of individuals who are deemed good in their own right ( or maybe not)

This is why otehr teams look at Saints doing well, buy our players for obscene ammounts of money and then wonder why their teams are doing less well.

The whole is better than the sum of its individual parts.

England will continue to fail until we start to get the players playing regularly together and for eachother, rather than for a lucrative shampoo comercial.

As to what will actually happen - probably someone like Harry will get the job and pick a ton of Liverpool and Man U players and fuck me the cycle will persist ad nauseum.

Past caring , let it burn

3 Likes

We talk about age but there are plenty of old men in the dug outs in the euros who are doing a great job. Anyone taking this job on will know that it is a poisoned chalice and as has been said, will also have to deal with the psychological problems that seem to follow the England squad into every major competition. This isn’t a recent problem, it has been going on for decades.

we need a manager who isn’t scared of calling Rooney a spudfaced, useless tosser and dropping him. I’ll do it for a mere £50k a year.

1 Like

That’s true but for some it’s seen as a cosy well paid job where you don’t have to deliver results. If you can take the flack that always comes with it, it’s easy money.

By that token Fatso…you have the job. :lou_lol:

The Italians are playing without a huge amount of pressure. In their home country this particular group of players was largely touted as a bunch of alsorans with no stand-out, world-class performer, incapable of winning the tournament. I think it’s helped them immensely to play without expectation.

Contrast that to the British media (and fans) - “Look at these young guns! Unbeaten in qualification! They should do well! If they don’t, we’ll flay them alive! This is the best chance we’ve had in ages to progress! Look how easy our group is!”

The media need to learn to SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop whipping the dimwitted supporters into a frenzy before every single tournament.

Anyway, as for the next manager, I expect it wil be Southgate, possibly Steve Bruce if the FA try to be ‘leftfield’ about it. I would love it to be MoPo because (a) it would really hurt Spurs and (b) he seems to have a knack for getting the best out of a bunch of youngsters who seemingly have average talent.

Harry redknapp and Alan Brazil were touting Glenn hoddle on the radio this morning.

I don’t care who they give it to provided they do two things

1 Choose a system and them pickplayers who complement the system, do not pick players and then try to shoehorn a system in around them

2 Pick players in form, who are playing regularly. Do not pick players who are recovering from injury, or had a good game three years ago.

2 Likes

Here’s an idea - let’s hold a another referendum but this time to dismantle the FA and England team and rebuild it to be a world beating set up…on second thoughts…

:lou_facepalm_2:

Let’s just put aside all those ideas of passion, hunger and wanting it more, we need to go back to basics…

Is a player technically sound?

Does he have a football brain?

Is he at peak fitness today?

Does our tactical approach suit him?

It wouldn’t matter a jot how much Raheem Sterling wants it if he is technically flawed and incapable of producing a cross.

I don’t mind how many goals Harry Kane has scored in the past if today, when I need him to perform, he doesn’t look fit enough to take a corner.

Wayne Rooney has been great for England but this is not a testimonial, he was not good enough to play up front, and he then proved he’s not good enough in another position.

We cannot start shoe-horning failing players into different roles, for fun.

I don’t want players who are up for it and can sing with passion, I want players who are good enough, and organised.

That is what the game is about - and it’s simple.

Football skills, physical and mental, brought together through fitness, organisation and tactical nous.

We have tried top foreign coaches and they couldn’t make it work, we have tried the passionate approach, and we have now tried the dull methodical way.

It has to be the players.

The occasional genius/supreme athlete papers over the cracks, but our league structure just doesn’t produce quality in quantity.

Let’s face it - not one of our players would get in the German or Italian team.

That’s where we are in world football.

So let’s forget passion and desire for the moment and firstly try to produce capable footballers.

4 Likes

The first question asked of the new manager should be :-

1. Will you pick Raheem Sterling in any squad?
2 Likes