Independence Day - Resurgence

https://www.youtube.com/embed/A_a1RPLpEIw

1 Like

It cant be worse than the original, which has one of the most crass scripts ever.

1 Like

gr8 movie! WELCOME 2 ERF! Pow!

Well, someone has to do their job as a nerd. It may as well be me.

I can only assume that when the end of Independence Day was plotted and storyboarded, everyone involved was super-high on big bags of the finest Colombian Marching Powder. Not only was the alien menace effectively defeated by something your average anti-virus software fends off every fucking day, but the aliens also have compatible video screen technology and Jeff fucking Goldblum also manages to utilise the sound hardware, an impossible task for most humans on Earth PCs without a lot of dicking about with IRQs and competing soundcards, etc.

New film looks alright. As long as they don’t include anything super fucking dumb in it, I think I’ll go see it.

Who watches films for decent scripts and stories that make sense?

2 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

Well, someone has to do their job as a nerd. It may as well be me.

I can only assume that when the end of Independence Day was plotted and storyboarded, everyone involved was super-high on big bags of the finest Colombian Marching Powder. Not only was the alien menace effectively defeated by something your average anti-virus software fends off every fucking day, but the aliens also have compatible video screen technology and Jeff fucking Goldblum also manages to utilise the sound hardware, an impossible task for most humans on Earth PCs without a lot of dicking about with IRQs and competing soundcards, etc.

Don’t be jealous just cos Jeff Goldblum is better at computers than you + aliens! Don’t forget also that he had an Apple computer whereas you try and do things on PC which is always approx 32 times more difficult. And also Have You Considered that although the Aliens was good at some things such as i.e. Forcefields + i.e. turning that science bro into a talking marionet, but maybe they was not v.good at computers! For all you know they were still using i.e. windows 3.1! Don’t forget that they didn’t even know how to make satellites, or clocks, cos they had to use our own satellites against us just to count backwards. I think it all made v.good sense actually!

2 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

New film looks alright. As long as they don’t include anything super fucking dumb in it, I think I’ll go see it.

Well Will Smith isn’t in it so that’s a bonus. However I see that Brent Spiner reprises his role, I thought he got killed by the aliens in the lab??

1 Like

Be honest, pap. All they need to do is stick someone in some spandex and give them a cape and you’ll be all over it :lou_wink:

2 Likes

Originally posted by @KRG

Be honest, pap. All they need to do is stick someone in some spandex and give them a cape and you’ll be all over it :lou_wink:

I don’t think so, KRG, but I am enjoying your reviews of TV shows you have not seen. Keep it up!

I outlined the ones I had seen. It was most of them.

Granted, spandex & capes don’t feature heavily in all of them. But, stop ruining my points with your facts. Pfft.

Seriously, it’s a fresh approach. All the reviewers online are falling into the classic trap of actually watching the shows and commenting on the substance. They’re going to be kicking themselves when they realise that they could have been working on the basis of show titles and a misplaced sense of cultural superiority :lou_lol:

3 Likes

Weirdly, I actually had a short lived blog doing something very similar to this in my time between uni & getting a job.

krg is totally right about capeshit. He is my hero on this subject. If they made a tv show about krg being a superhero, i would totally watch it because of this

Originally posted by @BTripz

Well Will Smith isn’t in it so that’s a bonus. However I see that Brent Spiner reprises his role, I thought he got killed by the aliens in the lab??

woah, i must’ve watched that movie like 10 times, and never realised he was Data

link pls

Originally posted by @Bearsy

Originally posted by @KRG

Weirdly, I actually had a short lived blog doing something very similar to this in my time between uni & getting a job.

link pls

Oh I deleted it very quickly. Soz.

no probs i will just review it without reading it

meh it was pretty shit soz

take it back, the one about Annie Hall is Classic! :lou_lol:

KRG would be a complex super-hero in the mould of Brown Bottle, I reckon.

By day, mild mannered feminist. By night…