I haven't ... for ... years / months / weeks / days / hours / minutes / seconds

I haven’t had a proper holiday for 10 years.

That might change soon, as I appear to have a lot more time on my hands. Or once I sort the funeral out.

However, in view of that cost, I probably can’t afford to go anywhere.

Just sent you a PM, Kenny.

This sounds like important stuff that is beyond my remit. I’ll leave it to @saintbletch and his PM but wish you well with whatever it is. And a kiss cos I’m tipsy x

Thoughts are with you Kenny, whatever you’re going through.

I haven’t had a drink for 6 days.

Idiot

1 Like

You’ll appreciate that there are at least 317 deserved reasons for call me an idiot.

Can you narrow it down a little?

Point of order. You cannot count that Scottish shite as a drink. That should read “I haven’t had a proper drink for ten years”

2 Likes

I haven’t had a drink for 7 days.

Is that your record time?

Well it’s 8 days now.

I might be resetting that counter tonight in quite a big way.

I’ll be sure to update you.

I haven’t had a beer for 2 days.

Off to the pub for afternoon drinking.

I haven’t had a smoke/vape for 2 months now.

But I was deep in wine only yesterday.

Baby steps.

3 Likes

I haven’t had a cocktail today.

Thread etiquette dictates you need finer granularity than just inside a day.

We need hours.

As in I haven’t had a Punk IPA for 45 seconds.

This the point where @BTripz accuses me of using the same picture. Just the same table and the same pint. I sip it.

OK, I haven’t had a cocktail since 10PM yesterday evening. That’s over 16 hours. Fuck me. I’m off to the bar.

2 Likes

I have been drinking excessively for a few weeks now. I consumed a lot over Friday and Saturday and have decided to try and lay off for a while. I can’t remember the last time I went more than a couple of days without a drink. I’ve done one day so far (Sunday) but that was less out of choice and more because I felt so fucked from the previous excesses. I’m aiming for a week…

We’re here for you fats. You fucking wuss.

Part of the reason for the thread was that I’m always telling people that I don’t drink often - just excessively when I do. I’m starting to doubt it’s that cut and dried.

This is part of my monitoring process.

1 Like

Plenty of time for not drinking when we are dead.

5 Likes

Woah.

Time out.

WTF is the knife doing in that shot?

2 Likes