I haven't ... for ... years / months / weeks / days / hours / minutes / seconds

Ok, your tails of abstinence.

What is it you haven’t done, and how long has it been since you last did it?

I haven’t had a drink for 2 days.

I haven’t had a drink for almost 10 hours

1 Like

I haven’t been sober since about 6pm on Friday.
Do i continue today, or sober up? Tough choices.

1 Like

Option (a) - plenty of time to sober up tomorrow.

Am working out in the sun tomorrow, so it’ll be more shrivel up, than sober up(as i’m starting to feel right now).
That said, you’ve probably guessed correctly:lou_facepalm_2:

I hadn’t ridden a bike for 7 months until today.

Fell off one at a velodrome in December and nixxed my shoulder (rotator cuff)

But as @Rallyboy would tell you, I don’t like to talk about my injured shoulder(s).

Did I mention that I nixxed the other rotator cuff playing football?

Anyway, felt great getting back in the saddle.

I haven’t played football (competitively) for 13 months.

June last year my knee went twang and despite physio telling me to rest it, it really hasn’t improved.

Played in a relatively gentle staff v staff match at the senior school where I work but could hardly walk for 2 weeks afterwards.

Think I might be retired.

2 Likes

Forced retirement is a horrible feeling, Beltch. Thoughts, etc.

I can empathise. My own challenges forced me to retire from the beautiful game, too. Those challenges being that i was fucking useless in the first place, but nonetheless.

2 Likes

I haven’t really got on a bike since i did a London to Paris bike ride about 10 years ago. I was as fit as a, well a fat bloke who cycled a fair bit, but have a stirring to get back on the bike for one last hurrah - cycling from London to Barcelona. It will take an enormous amount of training though as at the moment, I don’t think i could even cycle to Tapas Barcelona by the Guildhall without falling off and cutting my arse up to ribbons.

2 Likes

Thanks mate.

Oddly, the longer I haven’t played for the better I was when I talk to anyone.

I guess on my deathbed I will have been Messi.

They should call that rule something.

@Rallyboy’s Razor.

2 Likes

NB - do it bro as a fellow fat bastard, I do enjoy riding and it keeps me active and alive… took it up seriously again 4 years ago when I stopped smokes… now do around 200-300km a week subject to Shitty Scottish weather… was thinking about doing a Charity ride for Teenage Cancer Trust next year - thinking Paris - Nice…

1 Like

Great stuff, AG. I did the ride for Action Medical Research. Very well organised and most enjoyable. They didn’t like a few of us ditching the bikes for 3 bottles of vin rouge about 15 miles from our stopover in Beauvais. That was a long 15 miles!!
We also had the benefit of arriving in Paris the day before the Tour ended so we were able to take in the Sunday stage. And the Champs Elysees was closed for a while when we arrived so we could all ride down it without getting mashed by the traffic. Something I’ll never forget.

3 Likes

Good on you @Numptyboi, not sure what sort of training you could do that would prepare you for a London-Barcelona ride, that’s a hell of a long distance.

The 63 miles I did the other week made me realise that 8 miles to and from work isn’t really enough training! But then when do I find the time to do some semi serious stuff.

Well impressed with the OP by the way, @Sfcsim recently posted his fist 100 mile cycle on Strava, considering he only really got serious a year or so ago…

1 Like

I haven’t had a drink for 3 days.

I did put some white wine in the risotto I just cooked.

Not had a wank in 3 hours

I did get a semi when you mentioned cycling though

2 Likes

How long since you washed your hands?

Please be less than 3 hours.

Just after I handled the meat for our tea i think

3 Likes

I haven’t had a drink for 4 days.

I havent had a drink in the last 3 minutes but i will be having a Vodka and coke now.

3 Likes