How early is too early to drink?

You know when I asked about the earliest time to drink I was talking about alcohol, right?

@saintbletch, just work on the basis that the sun is over the yard arm of @PhilippineSaint ‘s rig so crack on with the booze. You’ll be curled up around a lamppost on the south bank at Waterloo by 10:30am latest.

Set your alarm for the last train back to Eastleigh station car park

:lou_wink_2:

In this situation it depends on what you are doing when you get to London I guess. If you are working than you should at least wait til lunch.
If it was football away game there isn’t a too early time, but definitely a too late time though … 5 mins after you have got on/in the train/minibus/mates car … regardless of journey starting time. For shorter trips ie London / Bomo, mandatory few drinks in pub before setting off, as journey time so short.
International travel to a game can be confusing. For the LC Final v Man U I set off from Dubai at 3am local time sunday morn time, having finished work at 1am. Obviously straight on it at from 1am, and then again after flight got airborne till just before landing LHR at 7.30am Local time. My problem here now is when is it a late finish or early start? 3am Dubai was 11 pm UK then different time zones till 7.30am LHR was 1130am DXB time. After being picked up by a friend we had a bottle of champagne with a Bacon Sandwich for breakfast at about 10am UK time and then in pub by 1230… by now not giving a damn what time zone I as in as I’d been up 30 hours without any sleep!! … er what was the question again?

4 Likes

You still going?

You’ve wanked five minutes too long.

I was fucking close to finishing but @Cobham-Saint put me off on the cultural appropriation thread. Give me 2 minutes and then I nominate @gavstar

1 Like

We already have the Brexit thread…

I’ll take over from here

Apologies for putting you off your stroke @Fatso

1 Like

Is anyone going to help me out here?

My arm is going to fall off any minute…

1 Like

Still going guys…

1 Like

Anytime now would be good…

1 Like

It is nearly lunchtime here I will have one of the wrist in place of a Nooner.

Travel is the exception. Very few airlibes give you a blanket these days and the toilet stink can put you right off.
Oh booze.
Travel is the exception.
But then let’s face it for us long haulers or drillers it is more for medical reasons than stag trip to Ibiza innit.
11am ish is acceptable here especially at a Friday Brunch.
Other days like yesterday 9:30am was needed but physically and mentally for the wrong reasons and that is the wrong rathole to fall down.
For us the yard arm is defined by where ever in the world there is an active member of @dubaisaints.
Except when the Rugby 7s used to be fun then it was bloody Mary at 8am
That totally doesn’t help does it

Coffee instead if Punk IPA.

Anytime is the right time to start on the piss if you are with a mate. Anytime is the right time for a shuffle, but not with a mate. And you cannot really combine the two.

Occasional London trips with me and a couple of mates generally see the first order around about 10.30 to 11.00 though. Drinking cans on the train is a bit pikey and i need a 1000 calorie breakfast to soften the blow of the booze, so don’t start until up in Town.

This reminds me, i must organise another weekday sesh.

See any Beer that uses the term ‘post-modern’ in its description and ‘classic’ that is potentially oxymoronic is obviously pretentious houndpiss

1 Like

01 I Gave Up Wanking.wma (2.8 MB)

I have a friend who is borderline alcoholic, when we were on holiday he wouldn’t drink before :clock11: he’d patiently wait for the hour hand to tick over to 11 and then he’d say “bars open” and proceed to drink at a steady pace until the evening.

For me, I think 11:00 is the earliest I could actually drink.

Another story, when I worked for a company that had an office in London I had to do the occasional trip to the shit hole. I’d normally have to catch the :clock630: train from Poole. So one morning I’m sitting in the smoking carriage and this bloke opposite me gets out 2 cans of strongbow, he then proceeds to drink both of them before we’d got to Bournemouth…

Me and Teenage Mutant have just been to the local dump with a carload of assorted crap weighing about a ton.

They’ve now rebranded the dump as a full on recycling centre and you have to put everything in the proper skip - adding at least half an hour into what should have been a 15min visit. Bloody recycling nazi’s have a lot to answer for…

:lou_angry:

I am now going to have a beer :beer:

2 Likes

Sort it out before you go… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Feck sake CS, man up! My local dump has been like that for years!!

1 Like