❓🤷‍♀️ How did this become a thing?

HACKS

I know what an old hack is. I know what a hacksaw is. I even know what hacksilver is.

But now we’re in a new world where we have ‘life hacks’. For example:

Beach trip hacks https://www.buzzfeed.com/laraparker/beach-hacks?utm_term=.blw9xaqyz#.bcjJ2ELrg

iPhone hacks http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-hacks-apple-ios-tips-tricks-features-need-to-know-smartphone-a7814346.html

Outdoor concert hacks https://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/11-outdoor-concert-hacks-that-will-save-your-life-in-nyc-this-summer-062917

and the one that keeps popping up whenever I look at Facebook or online papers…

Productivity hacks https://qz.com/1013553/productivity-hacks-are-built-for-bros/

Aren’ty they just tips, or hints, or ideas? What exactly is anyone ‘hacking’?

Rooftop events?

It’s kind of genius in the rip-off-ability stakes. Host any normal event, film screenings, cocktail nights, pétanque etc, and charge x3 the usual £.

Just had this pop up on my FB timeline, why?

Something shudder inducing just infected my FB timeline.

So I thought nah that’s bollocks

So I googled.

And NO,

Sorry.

Just NO!!!

Originally used to smooth out frown-lines and crow’s feet, it was never going to be long before Botox was taken to other parts of the body.

And whilst usually associated with the frozen faces of women, it’s now men getting in on the Botox action - but not just for their faces.

Men are now having Botox - the neurotoxin drug that temporarily paralyses muscles - injected into their scrota.

Botox bollocks?

1 Like

Fuck sake, the (I fail to find the word) of the modern male :lou_facepalm_2:

“I heard it made sex better so I went for it”!!!

How the fuck can having smooth testes make sex better for you and your girlfriend. Think about it man befor you spend £600 on a fucking vanity project.

And yes the sex probably was great but that was because it wsa all in your pea sized brain!!!

3 Likes

“Ball ironing” Lol

Actually the thought of someone putting a needle anywhere near the plums has made me feel a bit queazy.

2 Likes

Under no circumstances is any random stranger going near my bollocks with a syringe.

Ditto scissors, knives, garden shears, hammers, crow bars, staplers, bricks…etc.

2 Likes

So assisted sperm donation…not for you? :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Thanks for offering me a hand with that.

3 Likes

The implication being that you’d let someone you know do it.

2 Likes

The anthromorphication of storms in the UK, WTAF?

2 Likes

Apparently it raises greater awareness of them. Personally I stick my head out of the front door and if it is pissing down and blowing a hooley, then it is probably a storm

4 Likes

The use of big posh words on football fan forums…

2 Likes

It makes it easier for people to understand how severe the storm will be. They’ll say “it’ll be worse than storm Doris” and people can recall what that what like easier than “It will be worse than storm 1125/z” or “the storm of nov 2012”.

We all remember the summer of 76 bloody hot and winter of 77 bloody freezing

and that is about it.

I don’t

A young whippersnapper eh?

All part of the relentless move to the “look at me” society where everything I made to be more important than it is in the clamour to get media time. It’s a storm ffs Met Office…!

1 Like

Absolutely right. Up here in Liverpool we were being told all day that in the early hours of the morning there would be 75 mph winds and torrential rain. Satellite weather maps showing the North West right under the eye of Aileen etc etc. Load of bollocks. Woke up this morning and looked through the blinds to inspect the havoc, and nothing. A bit of rain had fallen and a stiff breeze was blowing, but not proper wind. I’ve given better performances myself after a night on the ale followed by a Ruby Murray! It’s almost as if our media are determined to compete with their media across the pond and not get left behind. “Look - Look, we’ve got a storm too, and it’s got a name as well, we are calling it Aileen”. It’s going to create havoc, stay indoors everybody, don’t go out, etc etc. As you say CS, it’s a storm ffs. When did it first become a thing that we should all be treated like infants? Nanny State personified.

2 Likes

Come on Aileen…call yourself a storm? Wreck something or you’ll be downgraded to a guff. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like