☀ 🥵 Heatwave Survival Thread

Damn I have just backed a cooled Doombar in about 4 gulps.
Gotta stay hydrated

1 Like

There may be a few but try going in February on a Tuesday night. I went to quite a few boozers this weekend and all the people I spoke to said it was harder than ever to make a profit, in fact two pubs closed on Sunday at 6 o’clock which was unheard of.

More than a few thriving local boozers in Liverpool, certainly in the suburbs. I very rarely do the city anymore but from what I hear its still pretty lively. I have a couple of locals within walking distance that I pop into fairly regularly that are doing OK, with plenty of regulars, live music too. Certainly not six quid a pint though, £3-20 for draught beers, £2-90 if you can stomach shite keg John Smiths or Carling, but I’m not that desperate! The one I usually end up in is OK, nothing fancy about the decor but a decent garden and a friendly clientele.

1 Like

I was referring to Durley, Curbridge, Botley and Boorley Green where I was this weekend.
Peroni in Liverpool varies between £5 and £6 and the pubs are doing ok’ish but they have the population.
What suburbs are you referring to?

Apart from Curbridge you almost named all Hampshire villages….

Yes and that is where I went this weekend on the piss and all the pubs were quiet.

1 Like

Ah, that’d explain it then :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

He’s referring to West Derby, an area I know well. I even know his local!

I used to drink on Edge Lane in the early 2000s. A great little run of pubs, not too far apart, allowing a nice little local pub crawl.

Nearly every pub on the Lane has gone now. With some of them, the buildings with them. I’m not sure there is an open pub between town and the M62.

Nicked from a local FB group…

4 Likes

No longer funny.
45 min tube journey took 2 hours & 5 trains
Horrific
Now enjoying a late spoons breakfast & final London Pride of trip

Yes as I said a crying shame, pubs closing at a crazy rate, Wavertree still has a few and Garston also (about 6 I think) but other than specific areas like Allerton Road and Lark Lane and they’re in the main bars not old skool pubs, very sad really.

As Pap said, West Derby, although I sometimes venture into darkest Walton if I get the urge to slum it, for a trawl along County Rd with a couple of mates who live there, which is surprisingly busy, a few little scrotes in their hoodies hanging around though. A couple of the pubs there are usually bouncing, which always surprises me, as I’m sure you know County Rd is not the most salubrious area. All forms of life are there!

There’s rumbles of thunder outside, play at Taunton has stopped because of rain, could it be coming from the west…

Is the heatwave over before it even started…

2 Likes

Let’s fucking hope so. 35 in Liverpool right now and it only got hotter as the day went on yesterday, peaking at around 34 at 6pm-7pm.

1 Like

Bloody hell 42c on M25, and M4. Just dropped to 40c at Membury services!!!

Looking forward to Cardiff - currently 18 and rain, but only going back up to 26 when we are due to arrive….

When I opened the car up yesterday at 5pm …

1 Like

The clock in your car is slow

5 Likes

Pedantic fuck … 4.49pm then !

1 Like

Walton fuck me even the dogs carry knives around there.

3 Likes

That’s bollocks.

They upgraded to AK’s with Capital of Culture money.

1 Like