☀ 🥵 Heatwave Survival Thread

Your stories here, if you will.

My starter for ten. Heard some right nonsense this morning how this country couldn’t cope with hot or cold from one of the higher ups.

Perhaps hot and bothered, I explained that maybe it was because Britain wasn’t typically 40 degrees Celsius that we didn’t design our interiors to cope with 40 degrees Celsius.

In other news, most manufacturers don’t bother making cars that can be driven on the Sun.

Heat related tales please.

33c in Slowlane Mansion’s Lower 40 this lunchtime doncha know. Given staff 10 minutes off this afternoon to bathe in the nearest horse trough.

3 Likes

35 degrees and 90% humidity here in Costa Rica. I ‘caught the sun a bit’ yesterday but a spot of aftersun and plenty of water later and I’m fine. Had I been in the UK, I might have been killed.

Stay safe everybody.

2 Likes

i have turned my office into a cryogenics pod - at the current temperature I will probably live until I am 189

1 Like

I stepped outside and I was instantly turned to a crisp, in fact it was soooo hot my bones turned to ashes and they’ve had to employ Temperance “Bones” Brennan to identify me…

3 Likes

Folk have been known to like a good dust up around here.

We have just had an ice cream van turn up at the office - the CEO is shouting the company ice creams

1 Like

I can’t it take it anymore…
Robinsons Orange Squash isn’t working.
I may have to open an ice cold Cider.

Grandkids & Mrs P_F cracked up when I did the Ice Cold in Alex& lost in the Desert gag earlier.

1 Like

Do not travel unless in an Emergency.

Well, I call running to Budgems for Tomato Ketchup for kids lunch an emergency

Don’t @ me

True dat

4 Likes

I don’t think we’re taking this serious thread seriously, come on people people are being lasered to death out there by the evil sun God Ra…

2 Likes
1 Like

A mild 38 here in the Dordogne. Been for a dip in the lake. Pool then pub later.

2 Likes

It’s 32 degrees celsius in Liverpool at the moment. Loft room is bordering on unplayable, even with a cheap AC unit.

Its fucking cold in Blackfield

3 Likes

Send Therapists

:scream: this or Watermelon & Lime Cider (:face_vomiting:)