☀ 🥵 Heatwave Survival Thread

I was pissed in the farmers home and other such boozers beer gardens over the weekend, the prices of the ale are what got me hot under the collar.

Didn’t realise it was hit today. Have been plugged into the laptop catching up with a fortnights worth of allegedly important work emails and calls. The fan is doing a marvelous job, and am not stepping outside. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Its not hot

Not for you. It’s 34 degrees here in the evening.

Liverpool rarely gets that high temperature wise.

6 Likes
5 Likes

5 Likes

I had to drink a watermelon and lime cider last evening, as they were sold out of virtually everything else - it was bloody disgusting, just like drinking piss.

3 Likes

Hmmm…seems you are relating a personal experience. Tell us more. :lou_lol:

3 Likes

Sadly all I can add is that I left the pub without finishing it, and in protest didn’t return my glass to the bar.
No sexual under or over tones I’m afraid, but the pub (which I don’t think I will go back to) was what we call the bungalow pub on the way to Lyndhurst - apart from running out of anything remotely alcoholic or drinkable, the service was crap as well.
Shame - used to be OK, but then kept changing hands and shutting down for periods.

1 Like

After my dreadful drinking experience the other night, I have stayed having at least one tin of Tesco apple cider every day, until I completely wash away the dreadful taste of that other stuff.
This will have to go on for some time, and I will probably have to re-stock supplies.
There is a large bottle of really good cider in the outside fridge, but I have. Refrained from drinking it, because it’s the last bottle of 4.
Pear cider is OK, but anyone putting other stuff in it to spoil a perfectly good drink should be shot (in the foot - don’t want to encourage too much severe violence).

2 Likes

Pub trade is dead, used to be a respected job now its a tool for some to sling gear or to run into the ground so it will be sold for housing.
Micro breweries are doing ok but they’re not the same as a pub.
Crying shame.

Did all this coincide with you turning 18? :smiley:

1 Like

Pubs starting going downhill when supermarkets made booze super cheap, some also point to all day opening, £6 a pint is crazy and when the pubs have to charge that they’ve no chance long term. I was out Saturday for a few and a mate said its busy tonight, there was about 20 people scattered around, shame as there was a good band but so few people.
Need tax breaks.

Correct answer was “the smoking ban”

2 Likes

Yes to a point but it was going downhill before then, that may have been the straw that broke the camels back. As I say its a crying shame.

All of the above and some.

Seems there’s been a lot more to it. Government taxation and restrictions and pressure groups are nothing new. Likewise those moaning that pubs of today are shite, and would rather buy cheaper booze from the supermarket :man_shrugging:t3:

Have a read. A surprisingly rational and coherent summary of Beer drinking in Britain,

2 Likes

I must say that there are some wondeful & prospering village Pubs here in Essex

1 Like

Shush- an inconvenient truth :male_detective:

1 Like