šŸ’‰ šŸ˜· šŸ’Š Health - Yours or Others. If You Want to Talk About It

But youā€™ve lost weight?

Of course he has, that knee is lightweight Titanium.

1 Like

Phil doesnā€™t fuck about when it comes to taking the knee.

10kg.
Yesterday until about 20:20 got a bit back up
Luckily made it just in time and dropped at least another 2kg

I have finished to 30 day course of blood thinners injections stabbed into my stomach every night!
:champagne::man_dancing::beers::cowboy_hat_face:

They hurt.

This afternoon Lady Slowlane and I went to visit our mate for the first time since his Stroke on a train in Germany last month.

Maybe optimism and excitement at seeing him again made the current reality of his condition harder to take. With a tracheotomy muting his speech and the effects of his medication fighting to stay awake we found it difficult hold a conversation.

In reality itā€™s very early in his recovery and we took comfort from, though sounding frail, he made good sense and can remember how much he enjoyed their holiday up 'til the fateful train journey.

Heā€™s a long way from the football and cricket team mate of the 1970s but give the brain time, he can get a lot better than weā€™ve seen him today. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Saw the quack after the Ultrasound on my Achilles and I apparently have something called tendinosisā€¦

Tendinosis is a degeneration of the tendonā€™s collagen in response to chronic overuse; when overuse is continued without giving the tendon time to heal and rest, such as with repetitive strain injury, tendinosis results. Even tiny movements, such as clicking a mouse, can cause tendinosis, when done repeatedly.

Basically nothing I can do, just be careful. I feel my football playing days are overā€¦

Welcome to our worldā€¦

1 Like

Did you say it was in your wrist? :wink:

@Polski_Filip this morning.

1 Like

Today was aee tge Surgeon day.
He doesnā€™t run a reservation system. You turn up before 7 and organise a queue yourselves. He rocks up at 9 and sees people.

As post Op we were told to rock up for end of session today about 11.

We did.

He arroved at 11:20 A&E life critical surgery for a car crash victim.

So we should get to see him about 3pm.
Great day off for Mrs P_F

My knee movement is excellent.
I can now ā€œdo everythingā€.
Build up to as much as I can.
Cycling, swimming, walking, driving physio.

But.

It will hurt, a lot for a month or three.

Oh great.

Iā€™m wiped out from the bus/tram/walk to the hospital & barber - completely crashed!

Iā€™ll reread that with my ā€œgood newsā€ filter onā€¦

Well doneā€¦a round of golf should work wonders for you nipper. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Since the Op i had a pain in the lower right side of my knee akin to the pain from my torn meniscus that started the whole Op process.
That pain is resistant to Tramadol.
The physio hospital said it is because of the scar tissue.
The surgeons said it would get worse.

Monday i had bio mechanics physio. It was agony as he massaged scar tissue away and gave me a new exercise list.

I did that yesterday and got no sleep due to muscle stiffness and pain from that Meniscus.

I told the Physiotherapist about it he said it was the metal screw holding my knee in place grinding on the flesh in my knee as the exercises pull it into place.

You cannot believe how it was like a hot needle.

Today after day one of the exercises and no sleep i have that pain in 3 places.

Christ on a bike.

Iā€™ve hobbled around i drove to get a sick Mrs P_F from the station

Tramadol did nothing

But oh man Vodka & Red Bull worked

Red Bull contains Taurine which breaks up Lactic Acid.
Itā€™s made the knee more mobile.

God Bless Vodka

And Red Bull

1 Like

A breakthrough in medical science Phil :+1:

2 Likes

The wife has been in hospital for over 6 weeks and on being discharged the insurance did not want to fully pay the bill so i had to get my boss and the corporate people involved to allow her to leave the hospital.
The American way of health care is not good.

I had a week on Redbull and Vodka whilst living in Ajman or as @Polski_Filip calls it the sandpit. I was drunk sober and awake. The amount of people I must have upset knows no bounds.

1 Like

Idid 2km around the outlet Mall.
Knee started to scream by the end.
Came home crashed then Mrs P_F demanded a cabbage
Tried to move screamed.
Still needed cabbage.
Washed a Tramadol down with local Red Bull 15 minutes later was able to get to shop
Now crashed on bed and aint moving again today

Nobody NEEDS a cabbageā€¦seed of the Devil. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Cabbage chilli combined buried for a week or so Kimchi is absolutely beautiful.

1 Like