🍽 🏬 Have you been to the new bit of West Quay?

Quite possibly but that doesn’t detract from the fact Southampton celebrated a taco bell arriving and having an out of town shit furniture store in its City centre.
Compared to the mutants down the road who have attempted at the very least to do something can we not a least try, I asked you how long the pier has been like that, since the fire?
A slack, lazy and boring town.

Did Southampton really celebrate? Was there i.e open top bus parade & cheering crowds of fatbellies?

Or did local newspaper just write article about it?

2 Likes

What sort of desperate shit is that though? A fast food chain opens and its in the paper?
What next
“Southampton rejoices at new Dreamliner flying over at 42,000ft”

“Citizens flock to see opening of new WHSmith in Oxford St”

Down south that translates as:

" Look, i really have no fucking idea what i’m talking about. Can’t you tell, i’m going out of my way to prove it."

We have a stock response for this:

It wouldn’t be so bad, if it weren’t for the seeming ignorance that it’s the most boring, uninspired trope. “Things aren’t what they were like in my day”.

It’s been done by every generation, and probably will carry on as such.

2 Likes

It’s the Echo Bazza. And surprise surprise (another fav probs) it was last relevant about 20 years ago.

1 Like

Southampton Echo, October 2016

A WORLD-FAMOUS restaurant chain is coming to Southampton city centre next month.

Mexican eatery Taco Bell is set to open its 13th UK restaurant in Hanover Buildings in the city centre.

The company serves more than 36.8million customers a week across the globe and is taking over premises formerly occupied by Dolphin Bathrooms.

Its two-floor restaurant will have 67 seats and comes as a number of chains are set to open outlets at the WestQuay Watermark centre.

Bournemouth Echo, Jan 2017

A NEW Taco Bell restaurant could be opening in Poole town centre towards the end of March, it has emerged.

The new restaurant, at the site of a former London Menswear shop, High Street, will serve Mexican-style food on the premises and offer a takeaway service, the Echo understands.

When Taco Bell opened its latest 67-seater branch in Southampton at the end of November huge crowds turned out to line the streets.

The Poole restaurant could become the company’s 15th UK outlet, as the chain looks to expand into the south of England.

Similar articles in my view

1 Like

Oh and Portsmouth has copied a Middle East tower and painted it red. Whoopie.

1 Like

I was in Hounslow and it was shite, Hounslow is in London isn’t it? Acton as well is gash, Acton is London isn’t it?

Aren’t they both suburbs?

1 Like

When Taco Bell opened its latest 67-seater branch in Southampton at the end of November huge crowds turned out to line the streets.

Hounslow more so than Acton. It’s right by Heathrow.

It is a fucking dump mind, believe me, I used to work there.

Going on the logic that a city is shit if there are shit parts - I guess that means every city is shit?

3 Likes

There was a queue to get in when it first opened bazza. Coz it’s new and people are twats. Huge crowds lining the streets? Shite.

Was there special offers?

People go nuts for cheap/free shit

Barry was just pissed off that his Taco Bell bosses made him work late.

Can anybody find the Echo copy of when Mr Whippy moved the van from the Bargate to Ocean Village, great days…

Huge crowds at Taco Bell.

Corbyn must feel like he’s wasting his time.

Lol. When it opens they’ll all be sitting inside. Open top bus parade bazza.

1 Like

Incidentally, most of the people in that queue look under 25 Bazza. Are these the kind of dumb shits we should be letting into Glastonbury?

If they were in Glastonbury they wouldn’t be queuing at that shithole and more Sotonians could venture in for Haute Cuisine…

1 Like