šŸ½ šŸ¬ Have you been to the new bit of West Quay?

Not a cruise shipā€¦a Trans-Atlantic linerā€¦in effect a large ferry. The museum is not an entertainment itā€™s a memorial to all those who lost their lives, including 540 fellow Sotonians.

Itā€™s for the city.

5 Likes

Oh I see, what do the people whoā€™ve just left the ship do then? How many people are going to see this monument?

I donā€™t know. Why should I be interested in how many people leaving a cruise would go to visit a monument? Donā€™t bother to answer that.

If youā€™ve been to the Sea City Museum (as you obviously have)you will have noticed how the Titanic Section has been set out to reflect the people involved rather than the hardware. Some people will like thatā€¦others wonā€™t.

Whilst there is talk of SeaCity Museum there will be a Southampton FC exhibition coming up soon.

Showing what? The lack of ambition for well over 130 years display, even thatā€™d be half arsed and the table would be wonky.

What an absolute misery guts you are.

9 Likes

Yeah fuck off bazza. Itā€™s dull now. Go and watch the cunts rolling off the ships on merseyside, rushing into town for their cut price burritos.

4 Likes

Well if theyā€™re spending money in the City its better than out of it, most go to San Carlo and the London Carriage works to be honest, a mate told me loads of boats have come in the last few days and all of the people have fucked off straight on a coach for a party at stonehenge! Either way they fuck off out of town and its a huge wasted opportunity.

This is what Southampton needs to draw in the crowds

But itā€™s not a phallic tower.

1 Like

Westquay_wins_two_international_architecture_awards/

2 Likes

International? Piss.

Thatā€™ll never compete with the opinion of a man living in South Liverpool contemplating a move to the cultural hotspot of Halton, best known for its Runcornian exports, John Bishop and Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.

2 Likes

They just opened a new cinema complex here near Jebel Ali village.

It serves beer while you watch the movieā€¦

Ā£10 A pint but it has opened

A quick stroll up town the other dayā€¦

ā€Where the fuck is the bar gate shopping centre!!!ā€

First thought - I can remember that being built :lou_sad:

Second (after a look at the plans) - Southampton is in danger of becoming really nice

That area is all being redeveloped, exposing previously hidden parts of the old walls. Still no tower or super club though.

Whatā€™s the point, itā€™ll never be able to compete with the millions of visitors that visit the Burj el Shithole every day!!

Southampton will boom, it has to happen at some point, Brighton has done it twice (80ā€™s and 00ā€™s), Bournemouth, even Southsea is ok ish, by the law of averages it has to, property or land canā€™t be that expensive in the City for building, it just needs ideas, invention and a good council who wnat to see local businessā€™s thrive, hold on this is Southampton council, the shittest since the time of King John.

WHAT?

Bloody hell, one of my first jobs was working on the construction of that place. Shit, itā€™s been built and demolished in about 25 years :lou_surprised:

1 Like