:metoo: Harvey Weinstein

Something else to think about

Financial links to the law firm representing the newspaper?

Whoops.

2 Likes

Just more anti-semitism from the Labour party I see…

Joking.

As many of you know I have worked with and around SPG for many, many years - however I do not plan to comment until charges are filed and found to be true. That is probably the wisest action as if he loses his knighthood (which he cherishes) he will likely start throwing around libel cases.

1 Like

Please pass on my “Shite of the Realm” comments to your mate Phil when you see him.

Don’t call him sir.

I don’t work with him anymore…

Did he ever fondle your balls without asking?

1 Like

Not without my permission.

5 Likes

I saw ‘SPG’ and my first thought was Special Patrol Group

3 Likes

“Up Scumbag! See you, Teddy Bear!”

1 Like

I must be dyslexic I read it as PSG

1 Like

It is a football site?

Vandalism, judging the past by today’s standards or making a valid point?

How far do you go back to be offended. Looking at Twatter on this it seems to be as far as you want in order to find something to be offended about. Even if the woman said it wasn’t an issue.

I’d much rather they concentrated on the here and now.

2 Likes

Oedipus said his mum made him do it.

3 Likes

Were you there?

1 Like

Yes I was the next in the queue. :yum:

5 Likes

Taking photos with an early pinhole camera?

2 Likes

I think maybe let’s get back on track here.

I think if they’re alive (even recently dead see Jimmy Saville) then allegations can be raised about them.

Saw that John Wayne was getting grief for making improper comments about homosexuality & #metoo in an interview in the 60s today.
Now I can fully understand that saying today “I pine for the days when men were men” is offensive and so would never use such an expression. But John Wayne lived in a different time and his roles epitomised men being men, and in my memory, the lead female roles in his movies were always portrayed strongly, fiercely & properly.
How can you criticise somebody today for commenting on not agreeing with what was, at the time, an illegal act?
Bonkers.

2 Likes

I think it’s ok to highlight stuff like that to show where we were and where we’ve progressed to, but certainly not ok to criticise individuals by our higher standards today.

3 Likes