đŸ”„ Grenfell Fire

Oh sorry, because I have been on this forum before I should just expect ill informed and ignorant ramblings about something like this. Christ SOG, I can see why you have such as an issue with the dementia tax. Why don’t you wait until the facts are presented to us and then we can go into why this happened, as at the moment it’s all conjecture.

Or, as suggested, do it on another thread maybe do I can just ignore it.

There are plenty of facts that we already know, which you would be aware of if you had read the whole thread. Things concerning legislation and ignored reports. They all tie in with this fire so it is appropriate to post about them here. I am sorry if you don’t approve but perhaps you should have better things to do as you are on holiday.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, tragedy doesn’t matter as long as you’re on holiday.

Didn’t say that did I? If you have nothing better to do, perhaps you would be kind enough to explain what I have written here that is ill-informed?

Do you have the full details of the fire, how it started, and how it spread, from the fire officials? Do you have the full details of what money was spent by the building owner, or local authorities, and what decisions were made and why as to sprinkler systems, alarms etc? Has there been a full inspection of the finances of the landlords to see whether austerity was in play, or was it just a bottom line figure?

Unless you’ve got th above, you’re ill informed and I will kindly ask you to shut the fuck up, please.

If that’s not what you’re saying, what ARE you saying?

O I don’t, but that isn’t what I am talking about. I am talking about wider issues that affect this situation. No I won’t shut up. I have just as much right to post on here as you. Sorry if you struggle with the anti Tory sentiments. And I wasn’t talking about the tragedy, I was talking about you arguing with a bloke on the internet when you are on holiday. Your choice of course but don’t blame me, no one forced you to log on, holiday or not.

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Time to knob off to the beef thread chaps

3 Likes

Yep, apologies.

Fair comment. I’ll see you on the beef thread Cherts where you can explain which of my comments were ill-informed.

But surely they shouldn’t be expressing their anger and frustration until the result of the inquiry is known? :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes
2 Likes

This might be a justifiable reason for people bringing politics into it and looking at how the people are reacting towards May, i don’t think they are going to be palmed off and will demand answers for this.

In 2014, the then housing minister (who is now the immigration minister), Brandon Lewis, rejected calls to force construction companies to fit sprinklers in the homes they built on the following grounds:

“In our commitment to be the first Government to reduce regulation, we have introduced the one in, two out rule for regulation 
 Under that rule, when the Government introduce a regulation, we will identify two existing ones to be removed. The Department for Communities and Local Government has gone further and removed an even higher proportion of regulations. In that context, Members will understand why we want to exhaust all non-regulatory options before we introduce any new regulations.”

In other words, though he accepted that sprinklers “are an effective way of controlling fires and of protecting lives and property”, to oblige builders to introduce them would conflict with the government’s deregulatory agenda.

Now i don’t give a shit what party anyone supports, but any MP(both sides guilty) that allow safety regulations to be scrapped/watered-down or attempts to stop new regulations in the name of profit is not fit for office. Greed and safety don’t go together.

Was good to see at least one politician hugging and talking with the people that have just had their lives destroyed(sorry Cherts, couldn’t resist. Now enjoy your holiday. This country will still be shit when you return.)

6 Likes

This is the sort of thing that brings down governments.

I expect the local residents who feel so badly let down are politicising too.

1 Like
3 Likes

A mini heat wave and angry protests on the streets of London.

Good job there haven’t been sweeping cuts to the Police and Fire services eh?

5 Likes