Greatest guitarist evers

Not disagreeing at all! He probably could if he chose. Doubt he will, though he could

Huh, is it me or @Cobham-Saint?

Love Angus, but a lead guitarist should not be the frontman of the band.

Those 14 minute solos sound great in theory and in isolation, it’s a bit grating the third time he goes off on one in a concert.

It’s required, of course. Johnson needs the breaks to get his pipes back in order, but I much preferred the band and Angus when he was Bon’s partner in crime, not the over-indulgent problem child he became afterward.

1 Like

Mark Owers, along with his twin brother Steve (bass & vocals). You may have heard of them as Fury, XS, Lionsheart, The Psychics or Danze Macabre. They are currently working as Zoot Money’s backing band. Mark still lives in Dibden Purlieu.

4 Likes

Well, you learn something every day. :+1::+1::+1:

Truth. I prefer the Bon era too. Some great tracks with Brian but the band were the dogs bollocks with Bon

Saw them in '77 with Bon - they were a blast

1 Like

Peak of their powers

Had this for 50 years now…

1 Like

First heard Nick in 1984 on a compilation album called ‘back on the road’ and managed to find some original vinyl at a reasonable price… now its rediculous.:wink:

This sounds so simple but as a single guitar part, its so crips and spot on the beat… very challenging to play like that… and perfect with the cello and his voice.

He used very old dull strings and played with a lot of ‘nail’ in almost classic in style

1 Like

… Mhmm… Molly with a wee solo… listen to it all. Anyone who plays acoustic will know her right hand technique is brilliant :slight_smile:

And her cover of the Grateful Dead’s Standing on the moon is sublime - what a voice to go with amazing guitar playing skills

On this is quite interesting

https://www.guitarworld.com/features…Ls7fRktjI4U4rw

Just so many :wink:

https://youtu.be/PMpGjox3TBs

It just gets ridiculous after about the minute mark

1 Like

The fantastic Nancy Wilson and an incredibly difficult acoustic solo.

And the song is pretty damn fine too.

1 Like

Marc Ribot…

1 Like