Greatest guitarist evers

Exactly- I like this sound. It was innovative at the time. Better than others out there? Yes & no, depending on my mood.

1 Like

Eric Johnson anyone?

Very technical

Tommy Emmanuel wouldn’t make it to the top of any of my playlists but he’s undoubtedly a skilled guitarist:

The thing is it is so subjective.

I’ve seen so many but only one playing one solo in one song actually reduced the audience to tears of emotion.

Mark Knopfler live doing a long solo in Sultans of Swing. Unexpected and simply beautiful

Could then throw in solos from Carlos Santana, Clapton as Derek & his Dominos BB King, Hendrix, Muddy Waters, Brian May, Nile Rodgers
And on and on and on.

Nile you all scream? Yep, 500 million album sales 75 million singles

2 Likes

You can fool a lot of the people all of the time :wink:

2 Likes

"packed in the fags’

As Archer would say, phrasing.

For someone who had been going for around 40 years (at time of playing), and have a crowd* that size hanging on pretty much every note for a 14 minute solo deserves a mention I think.

*special mention for the best crowd ever by the looks of it.

1 Like

Creepy fella dressed up as a schoolboy at his age - doing it way back when was dodgy enough.

He could dress up like an altar boy for all I care, still gets my feet tappin’ and my head nodding.

2 Likes

Idea for a new thread, bestest bagpipers ever…

1 Like
1 Like

Tribute band - Ghent Nov19 - probably the last time I was allowed out unsupervised

Yeah, but you walk down the high st in Southampton dressed up like a schoolboy and the least you’ll come out with is being called a nonce…if you’re very lucky :wink:

Love the music but really have concerns about his stage persona. I always thought it, just weird and not right. Couldn’t express why as a nipper, certainly can now.

Greatest Guitarist you’ve never heard of - from Dibden Purlieu

4 Likes

Yeah, point taken but I’ll say the music is more than a stage persona, round here, it’s life. Though not as popular or meat and potatoes as it once was, they are Rock n Roll Royalty

Who is he and where does he work from?

Yep- But not in a schoolboy uniform these days, eh?

Not like they can go on a different tangent now. It’s part and parcel. Like when Kiss took off their make up

Course he can. He can wear a t-shirt and long trousers and that’d be fine, who is going to complain, really? It’s the music innit?

I saw Kiss with make up, without make up and back again. Made no difference- just the line up changes which annoyed me tbf