🍴 Gorgeous recipes

I saw a review for a pizza place in Seville “best pizza outside of New York City”. What the? Err hello Italy and lovely pizza.
Travelled a lot and found the food in the USA lacking and don’t get me started in their “chocolate”.

1 Like

In their defence, City Crabs in New York epic.
About 4 steakhouses 1 in NYC, 1 in Orlando, 1 in Hollywood & 1 in New Orleans - Porterhouse with the trimmings & a Napa Valley Cab Sav were stunning meals

How can you remember anything about New Orlean’s?

Plastic beer containers beads and a Balcony for some reason ?

1 Like

Yeah we have had wonderful food in the US, there is no doubt you can eat very well there. I was talking in general terms and very much the lowest end of the scale, just as they pigeon-hole British food from what their grandparents told them. The average unworldly American equates good food with… lots of it.

2 Likes

I recall a cocktail called a Handgrenade. And an unfortunate incident with the glass, an obstruction in the road and the rear of s police horse.

Think it can after me & Thor became besties, but before (the actual) Vince Vaughn sang Don’t stop believing in the bar.

The aftermath of the unfortunate horse incident (wonder if he’s out on bail yet?)

On topic we had VIP jump queue access to the Acme Food Company or something. Louisiana’s finest “home cooking” the queue was about 50m long and we got straight in

This was their world famous Jumbalaya

And this was the house speciality

Dreadful

But this part of the eveing I had forgotten about @PhilippineSaint Thanks for reminding me
#baduncle
Luckily Vince got on stage and I recall n ot getting thrown out

1 Like

“World famous Jumbalaya”

? If they say so.

Christ that food looks like it’s been eaten and shat out again.

9 Likes

We are going for it - tomorrows dinner

5 Likes

Good luck! You are a brave man!

Looking forward to the postprandial analysis. Real leap-of-faith cooking that, not unlike poaching a whole salmon for the first time.

1 Like

24 hour cooking time. Bet your home smells great already :blush:

Beefy

2 Likes

Homemade Biltong
Fresh sirloin beef / Water buffalo soaked in vinegar 14 different herbs and spices then hung in warm dry area for 5 days to cure.
Have been told it was very nice.
because the bastards sent me back to work on day 4 of curing I have missed out on trying any as the kids have eaten all of it.

2 Likes

Before:

After

Noooooo, what have you done to it…

6 hours in - quarter of the way there

2 Likes

Looks edible now. You really are going to be worried by tomorrow afternoon.
Stick with it and reap the rewards.
Good excuse to open some special wines as well :wink:

1 Like

He might as well crack open the wine, he’ll have fuck all to eat :smile::smile:

4 Likes

He can phone Uber to deliver a Chinese or Indian take away.

Three quarters of the way there

5 Likes