šŸ“ Gorgeous recipes

6 months minimum surelyā€¦?

When I was younger we didnā€™t start on last years jars until the current ones had been prepared and stored in the back of the pantry.

longer the better but they will be ready in 6 weeks. They get spicier over time.

Fried duck eggs and crispy bacon. Food of the gods.

Pickled Onions are gurt and I love them. They are a Christmas holiday essential.

Not a recipe but gorgeus anyway.

1 Like

Fresh Tuna seasoned with salt & pepper lightly pan fried in olive oil
Until seared on all sides and the middle is still fresh tuna

4 Likes

I would eat the top picture.

3 Likes

Donā€™t tell Baz but if youā€™re ever in Derby thereā€™s an amazing sushi restaurant and the tuna was fucking incredible, itā€™s the only reason Iā€™d ever revisit the place.

Last time we were in Tahiti my brother in law dragged a tuna out of the depths on a handline. We ate it raw approximately an hour after it was swimming around. Thatā€™ll take some beating.

2 Likes

Derby is fucking better than Tahiti and you know it :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

We did have a large piece which yesterday i cut half into fresh sushi slices and today as shown

All was eaten and enjoyed by the people that tried

when requested for seconds it was ā€œdo I do the shopping hereā€ ?

Sorry Gavstar had to place a shit somewhere and derby is about right

Tahitian sashimi sauce:
In liquidiser:

Good oil (but olive is a waste)

Third to Half (finished quantity) oil if you put less oil the sauce will be too thick and taste too strong. Itā€™s like making mayo and itā€™s the mustard that gets it to come together with no effort

Lots of crushed garlic.
Ginger.
A third Oyster sauce
Couple spoons soy sauce
Mustard.
Ketchup (less than the mustard).
Pepper.
(It will keep for months in the fridge)

Not a gorgeous recipe as such but just had a very very very surprisingly toothsome rare steak in the Premier Inn restaurant in Cheltenham .

Hope the full Englishā€™s as good tomorrowā€¦

:lou_lol:

Fresh beetroot just boiled in salt for an hour then peeled and eaten warm.

Fingers look like goatā€™s after he has had a productive day but who cares the food was good.

1 Like

Helpā€¦

I work near Smithfield market and my team take it in turns to buy meat to order by the rest of us.

The meat there is fresher, tastier and normally less than half the price of supermarkets - I asked for a tenners worth of lamb for Easter and ended up with a 7lb /3.5kg monster shoulder of lamb.

Any ideas apart from the usual roast?

Butterfly it. Marinade overnight with spice mix (cumin, coriander seed, fennel seed, garlic and chillies pounded in a mortar) and oil.
Nice in the oven but better on the bbq.

2 Likes

Ok, sounds interesting @Goatboy - how long in the oven (BBQ verboten Iā€™m afraid)?

What would you serve with it?

I would serve it with a nice Chianti and some liver.
Low and slow in the oven. Longer the better. If you want it for the evening then put it on lowest temp possible first thing in the morning. If you are eating earlier then cook it overnight.

If you are having a sit down meal then I would go for red cabbage and dauphinoise of boulangere potatoes.
If itā€™s more casual then maybe some homemade spicy coleslaw and pitta.