šŸ“ Gorgeous recipes

Iā€™ve been a big fan of chorizo since visiting Spain for the first time in 1994. One of my favourite meals is also the simplest.

Serves 2

Ingredients:-

• 300g filled, chilled pasta
  • 1/2 of a bendy chorizo sausage

Directions

• Cut the chorizo up into circular discs, about 1/2 centimetre in thickness.
  • Boil a pan of water for the pasta
  • Bung pasta in when water is boiling (cook for 3/4 minutes)
  • Heat a dry frying pan to ā€œhotā€
  • Bung the chorizo discs in, without fat. They have plenty of their own.
    • Shake the pan about a bit until the chorizo juice seeps out and provides a frying environment.
    • Flip the discs to get an even cook.
  • When the pasta is done, cut the heat on both pots, drain the pasta, and put it into a wok.
  • Tip the contents of the frying pan into the wok.
  • Place wok on low heat, and stir contents.
  • Serve.

Not suitable for veggie, kosher or halal peeps. Sorry, @Intiniki - I know you like your carrots to be ritually slaughtered :smiley:

3 Likes

My main issue with this recipe is the use of a wok! Just pour the cooked pasta in the frying fan and stir. To mix it up pour sauage on pasta in saucepan. Saves on washing up.

2 Likes

I am trying to avoid a situation where your hungry Sotonian doesnā€™t spill half the pasta onto the hob.

I fully accept that so-called thrillseekers may seek a life of more excitement and less washing up.

1 Like

Chorizo is king

I shall share some recipes when I get home (maybe) - am @ Waterloo on train waiting to go home - and have a piss in the woods on way home. Also assuming I have enough battery to do said walk through woods :lou_lol:

Cook chorizo with garlic and red wine. Serve with bread and a chilled Manzanilla.

3 Likes

Ok, here you go a @Cobham-Saint family favourite.

Seriously, try it.

One pot cooking at its best.

This is for chorizo & chicken jambalaya (for 4)

Need a deep frying pan with a lid.

Ingredients:

500g (or to preferred volume) - Boneless chicken thighs (better texture than breasts imho) ;edit: chop the fuckers to chunky preferenceā€¦

• onion - slice it finely
  • red pepper - slice it finely
  • 2 garlic cloves (to be crushed)
  • 1/2 chorizo ring or more depending on taste.(like what you get from supermarket)
    1tablespoon Cajun seasoning - pm me if you canā€™t find it in supermarket & I can tell you how to make it)
    250g plain rice
    Standard tin of tomatoes
    650ml chicken stock (might need to add more water to taste) - get good chicken stock. Oxo is only ok.
    Teaspoon of oil - your choice tbf - but you need to start with this in the pan - yes. Really you doā€¦

Brown chicken in oil in pan forā€¦until brown ffsā€¦

Remove and pop onto side in a bowlā€¦keep up here.

Chuck the onion in the pan and fry until soft, best turn the heat down so it doesnā€™t burnā€¦otherwise itā€™ll taste shite.

Thenā€¦

After about 4 mins chuck in crushed garlic, Cajun seasoning, chorizo and red peppers and cook on medium heat for about 5 mins. Not too hot.

Then chuck in chicken, rice, stock and tin toms and give it a good stir.

Cover & Bring it up to the boil and reduce to a simmer for about 30mins. Keep checking the rice and stir occasionally and add more water if needed until done as you like your rice.

Serve in bowls.

Back of the net!

:lou_lol:s

1 Like

Are you an android?

2 Likes

Arenā€™t we all?

3 Likes

Daughters birthday and she wants this, so if anyone wants do a roast leg of lamb a bit different, hereā€™s how.
Ingredients:
Leg of lamb(good quality if available, it will make a difference)
Marinade:
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 pint water
1/4 pint Red wine
1/4 pint orange juice
1 clove garlic crushed
2 tbsp muscovado sugar

Mixe the marinade ingredients together. Trim the fat off the lamb and put the lamb in the marinade mixture(use a bag an squeeze all the air out). Leave in the fridge overnight.
Drain the lamb and roast as normal, basting with marinade occasionally.
Take the lamb out when cooked, skim any excess fat out of the pan, then add remaining mixture and reduce.
Have whatever sides take your fancy(all the usual work fine).
A good red to wash it down is a must for me, so as itā€™s my daughters first legal drink i will be opening my last Domus Aurea(which makes me a bit :pensive:).

3 Likes

No Apple

2 Likes

8kg done. Extra spicy this year with 3 types of homegrown chillies.

4 Likes

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Public health warning:

Sit upwind of @Goatboy until further notice

:mask:

7 Likes

They look bloody lovely. My mum used to make them, in Kilner jars like that. I used to eat them like sweets, still would given half a chance.

3 Likes

I find the pickling vinegar isnā€™t as strong as it used to be. Tastes have changed Iā€™m told. I liked the sort that would make your eyes water for a week.

1 Like

Lots of people use lighter vinegar such as cider vinegar or a mix of this with malt.
Malt vinegar all the way for me.

1 Like

My grandparents used to make them. I am reviving the family tradition!

3 Likes

Malt is the only way surely?

Those others are for amateurs, lightweights and people of other dubious naturesā€¦

EDIT Add question.

How long will you be leaving them before eating?

My aged aunt would use the onions home grown by my uncle in his veg patch. They would blow your socks off and curl your toesā€¦It was always a joy as a nipper to see the effect on the unwary.

6 weeks minimum but the longer the better.

1 Like