I’ve been a big fan of chorizo since visiting Spain for the first time in 1994. One of my favourite meals is also the simplest.
- 300g filled, chilled pasta
- 1/2 of a bendy chorizo sausage
- Cut the chorizo up into circular discs, about 1/2 centimetre in thickness.
- Boil a pan of water for the pasta
- Bung pasta in when water is boiling (cook for 3/4 minutes)
- Heat a dry frying pan to “hot”
- Bung the chorizo discs in, without fat. They have plenty of their own.
- Shake the pan about a bit until the chorizo juice seeps out and provides a frying environment.
- Flip the discs to get an even cook.
- When the pasta is done, cut the heat on both pots, drain the pasta, and put it into a wok.
- Tip the contents of the frying pan into the wok.
- Place wok on low heat, and stir contents.
Not suitable for veggie, kosher or halal peeps. Sorry, @Intiniki - I know you like your carrots to be ritually slaughtered