⚖ Gonçalo Amaral wins libel appeal

Sorry. No sympathy for them. They had every opportunity to have their guilt tested. Gordon Brown and co had them whisked out of Portugal before they could face any charges.

They evaded the Portuguese justice system deliberately, the one institution which could have legimitately exonerated them.

4 Likes

You could be right about the McCanns RB. But one thing is cast iron certain. If they are not directly responsible they still left their children alone and vulnerable whilst they went out and had a jolly. If that is not child neglect, what is? Had they been a pikey couple they would have been pilloried.

8 Likes

Just read the news report but had to search for it. I am pleased for Amaral. No matter what you think of this case, he is an experienced police officer who dealt with the evidence first hand. Rightly or wrongly he clearly believes that the McCanns were directly invloved in the death of their daughter and the disposal of her body. Taking the evidence of the cadaver dogs alone, it is hard not to see where he is coming from, but there is so much else that doesnt add up. He didnt just pluck this out of the air. He came to a considered conclusion based on the evidence as he saw it. He should be entitled to repeat what he believes and the court have finally agreed that is the case. If the McCann’s are completely innocent, then they have nothing to fear, no matter what anyone else thinks or says. We may never find out the truth of the matter in this case, but what we do know is what the McCanns are capable of given the way that they have behaved so far.

4 Likes

It seems that the McCann case has been awarded another £85k of public money so that the investigations can continue until September. Three thoughts about this.

1. Why cant they use the money that the public have donated to the McCanns for this very purpose? Or is it more important that the donated money be used for the McCanns litigation?

2. How will the parents of other missing children feel whose cases have been dropped whilst the McCann’s case continues, despite seemingly getting no closer to finding out the truth about the child?

3. Why is this case apparently more important that other missing children cases?

2 Likes

Connections

Connections

and more

Connections

Where and how I have no idea but that can be the only reason.

IMHO and it is only my opinion

The McCanns did it and disposed of the body themselves

2 Likes

There have been some reports that the McCanns used a big chunk mof the money donated by the public to pay their motgage off.

Well clearly they need to spend as much time as possible trying to find their daughter, when they are not fighting court battles anyway.

They do themselves no favours do they? At the very least they are guilty of child neglect, perhaps even worse. You wouldnt wish a lost child on anyone but this couple come across as completely unsymapthetic and self absessed.

There is a lot of stuff in this case that doesnt add up and you do wonder if they had been a lower class family, whether they would have managed to milk so much support from our authrorities. There is one thing I keep coming back too, the whole thing about the cadaver dogs. Never been wrong before but find positive traces in the McCann case and all of a sudden it is all down to blood traces spread by a mosquito and other dogy explanations? Hmmmm.

1 Like

Did I imagine seeing a

comment on this on the press today that the Police are close to actually naming a suspect?

Guardian or the Fail

I believe it is Senor Notthemccannso.

Or this bloke

Police are searching for a resort worker who they claim ‘kept secrets’ from them during the initial investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

An insider has revealed officers are searching for a Portuguese man who was nearby when the three-year-old went missing while on holiday in the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007.

A Portuguese police source told the Daily Mirror: ‘This Portuguese man used to work at the club resort, he speaks a bit of English.

British officers are convinced he knows more than he was saying and are very keen to question him.

‘They are not suggesting he stole Maddie, but he may know people who could have been involved after a burglary went wrong.

‘The investigation in Britain seems to be grinding to a halt and they want to rule him out of the case, if not rule him in. Then detectives know they have done everything in their power to solve the case.’

The man is understood to have given a witness statement two days after Madeleine, from Rothley in Leicestershire, vanished.

Another source told The Daily Mail: ‘There is just one person who detectives want to speak to, who was near the area where Madeleine disappeared almost ten years ago. An international search has been under way to find them.’

A source has said: ‘They are not suggesting he stole Maddie, but he may know people who could have been involved after a burglary went wrong’

The Portuguese press yesterday reported that ‘police are understood to have clues pointing to a new suspect’.

The Correio da Manha newspaper said: ‘British police are understood to be preparing to question this new suspect.’

The Metropolitan Police have refused to comment on whether the person of interest was a suspect or a potential witness.

The news of the potential lead in the decade-long investigation comes after her parents were given an £85,000 cash boost to aid their search.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4307446/Madeleine-McCann-detectives-search-resort-worker.html#ixzz4bBgHQJVJ

It’s just bollocks, imo.

It’s another suspect in a long list of suspects. The only unifying factors between any of them are that they are probably not responsible, and definitely not the McCanns.

I don’t hold much with the Conspiracy Theories really, but have no doubt that if there was a Foreign Man who had access to the apartment, had refused to answer police questions, and had blood smells in his car boot, the feds would’ve spent nearly all the £11.1m investigating Him.

…and this is why @goatboy doesn’t take the transit abroad.

5 Likes

You can’t pay the police to investigate people. I tried that before. I had suspicions re: couple posters on here, but the police refused to act, even when I offered them BK vouchers.

10 Likes

Met Police ‘ask for more funding to keep search going’ :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

It’s a big jolly for them, isn’t it?

So McCann skepticism is going global on Netflix. @Furball will be shitting furry little kittens right now.

1 Like

So not worth them being involved in order to help find their daughter. A global audience wouldn’t be helpful?

3 Likes

Maybe they can still remember exactly where they buried her.
No help needed, thanks anyway.

1 Like

You raise an interesting point, Nik, but this would not be the first time that the McCanns have acted in apparent conflict with whatever it takes to find their missing child. Kate swerved all but one of the Portuguese authorities questions, the only authority able to help their daughter.

This is eight episodes long, and has surely not been commissioned for that long to rubber stamp the McCann’s version of events.

The McCanns aren’t suing because I don’t think they’ve the money to face up to Netflix, nor the evidence.

1 Like