⚖ Gonçalo Amaral wins libel appeal

I dunno, man. I feel like if there was Famous Important People in the vicinity at the time or shortly prior to the “Disappearance”, whether it was Innocent Coincidence or not, the papers would have found out + printed it. It would be a v.juicy tit-bit & I don’t think it’s as easy to strong-arm the tabloids as you Seem To Suggest.

Originally posted by @captaintim

Some fascinating information JS, thanks for posting.

Thanks Tim. It is horrible information to have to be the one to share. But knowing it as I do, how can I remain silent when the subject arises? I cannot. The burden of truth, for me, and speaking up on its behalf (and Madeleine’s) – be it a heavy one to carry – weighs out over the unfortunate side effect that its retelling may upset or offend some people. It is not a side effect that I like being responsible for, but one that my conscience does not allow me to shy away from.

It genuinely means a lot to me, to know that the amount of time and effort I have put into doing so here, is actually appreciated. Maybe only by a tiny minority, perhaps even by a more silent majority – but the appreciation is appreciated, all the same.

1 Like

Only I have not “suggested” it. You make it sound as though it is simply a personal opinion of mine…

rather than something that the Head of the Government Media Monitoring Unit has actually told you himself on the public record, is exactly what happens.

And no, I wasn’t born yesterday mate – I understand what you’re doing there in your post – but my point in this response is important enough that I cannot re-emphasise it enough. So thanks for the opportunity to do so once again. :lou_wink_2:

Thanks for answering the questions JS. Sorry for the delayed acknowledgement, been busy with a few things.

I can see why the McCanns are seen as dodgy as fuck, but as there appears so much information to digest on this, I think i will need to delve deeper into it to gain a greater understanding.

1 Like

The boys Fry and Verbs are missing us on their version of this thread.

Verbs says that he doesn’t want to start a forum war, needlessly so in my opinion.

I mean, if you run screaming from conflict when someone points out your ammunition might be a little bit like the EDL’s, you’ve probably got no business fighting in the first place.

Thrilled you still read us, boys. I know you can’t contribute here, what with the environment being too competitive for you and all. It is lovely to know that you’re thinking of us, though.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Jack-Schitt

Only I have not “suggested” it. You make it sound as though it is simply a personal opinion of mine…

rather than something that the Head of the Government Media Monitoring Unit has actually **** told you himself on the public record, is exactly what happens.

He said that his job was to control what comes out in media, but I’m saying that job is Impossible, otherwise there would be no Bad News Stories bout Government, Stands to reason.

I am amazed that CBF can read an internet thread without having to add his singluar unpleasant bile to it. although he couldnt hold himself back from posting something derogatory back at his place. Has he ever contributed anything on any thread that didnt involve taking the piss? He must be a riot at parties! I dont think that the words “I dont agree with your opinion and these are my reasons why” have ever passed his lips or been typed on his keyboard. Box of frogs, as he would say.

2 Likes

Well, it is very difficult to point to many instances in which he argued for something, as opposed to just reacting off the content of others. Interesting that he still chooses to visit us, but not surprising. He’s got close to fuck all left to react to over there.

3 Likes

No worries mate.

Might I humbly suggest an excellent place to start?

With the personal account of the man who likely more than anyone, is most familiar with the details of the case, and the unprecedented levels of “consular interference” they had to deal with trying to scupper their investigations.

http://truthofthelie.com/the-book/

Originally posted by @pap

The boys Fry and Verbs are missing us on their version of this thread.

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

I am amazed that CBF can read an internet thread without having to add his singluar unpleasant bile to it. although he couldnt hold himself back from posting something derogatory back at his place. Has he ever contributed anything on any thread that didnt involve taking the piss? He must be a riot at parties! I dont think that the words “I dont agree with your opinion and these are my reasons why” have ever passed his lips or been typed on his keyboard. Box of frogs, as he would say.

Haha, doesn’t surprise me in the least. He has to be the singularly most myopic loon I’ve ever encountered on the internet, and I’ve seen a fair few over the years.

When you take him from the perspective that absolutely nothing he posts is serious, and every time you see a post from him you know that the sole purpose of it is to ridicule someone in some way or form ‘for the lulz’ – his account makes more sense.

What is most amusing, is that he seems to genuinely think that he has most people ‘on his side’ – when in reality, he’s like the Emperor and his distinctive lack of new clothes he believes he’s wearing. Everyone can clearly see that he posts simply for a reaction. I actually feel sorry for him. Can’t even begin to imagine what his life must be like, to have turned out such a nasty spiteful little internet warrior wretch.

To spend the amount of time he does, singling out, picking on and running people down, he likely must’ve been though some very disturbing childhood experiences of his own, to have turned out like he has. Poor little Fry probably just lashes out at the world to alleviate the internal pain and lack of self-worth he harbours.

Imagine what it must be like to be him, and think the way he does. :lou_sad:

Fortunately we have this place now, and have no reason to even read such a toxic environment anymore.

3 Likes

I don’t think he’ll continue to recommend this thread if you carry on like that, JS :lou_sunglasses:

Originally posted by @pap

I don’t think he’ll continue to recommend this thread if you carry on like that, JS :lou_sunglasses:

I’m sure we’ll manage Pap. But in the unlikely event that we don’t, and the thread meets with a tragic untimely ending – I understand there’s a spare spot underneath Robert Murat’s driveway we could bury it.

1 Like

The McCanns have lost their appeal. They could now be sued.

1 Like

Come back Jack, if only for this thread. It’s an important topic and we need your insight.

Besides we miss you…bit of man-love there. :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

For people who are on a desperate search, they appear to get easily distracted and spend a lot of time in court rooms…

A casual observer might reflect that something doesn’t stack up.

I think a couple of newspapers have remarked upon how this will deplete whatever search money they had left. Thing is, it was them that brought the case against Amaral in the first place. Whatever falls on them now will do so because they thought it more important to exonerate themselves than put the money into finding their daughter.

I’d prob be bit annoyed too, if ppl was selling books saying I’d killed my daughter, and I NEVER

On other hand, I’d also be annoyed if I had her rotting corpse in my basement.

I don’t think I learn v.much from this circumstance tbh

The 48 questions Kate refused to answer set off the spider-sense of most parents. Fair enough, it is very difficult to put oneself in their shoes, but the general consensus is that most parents wouldn’t give a fuck if suspicion fell on them. They’d simply offer up whatever information was required to expedite the search for their child.

4 Likes

It is very tempting to rip into them with both barrels, but there is this niggling doubt that they could be entirely innocent grieving parents.

1 Like

yeah i think there is lot of bullshit spouted in the internet ppl vs McCanns and I prob don’t believe half of it, but that one always did sound Quite Fish.

Edit: this post was @pap

2 Likes