⚖ Gonçalo Amaral wins libel appeal

Just seen the McCann’s long running official spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, on the news being asked about the Netflix program. He gave an utterly feeble account about why his clients did not take part and why they don’t think this coverage “will help the ongoing search” . No shit :thinking:

3 Likes

I’ve just about made that out due to rubbish eyesight.

Madeleine McCann: Police plea for help as German suspect revealed

Saw this yesterday. Presented as another breakthrough. Looks like a giant fishing trip.

Let’s hope they find this person who knows a lot more than they are letting on. :roll_eyes:

I think there are two of them.

1 Like

German police suspect that Madeleine is likely to be dead. Defo on the case

Yeah, but in the context of abduction. I don’t think the McCanns are cleared as suspects, neither do the Portuguese, yet that seems to be the starting point of truth for the British investigation.

In this context, is the German investigation going to turn up much else?

Appealing to locals to come up with more evidence against the German guy. Hmmmm

In detail though he was also the local drug dealer so maybe some may be able to retell stories their friends suddenly recalled

1 Like

If it does turn out to be this bloke, there is going to be a huge amount of egg on a lot of faces. I would say it is absolutely in the interest of the Portuguese police for this guy to be deemed innocent

1 Like

Well that is true, but it doesn’t excuse or explain the lack of co-operation from the parents or the nixing of evidence collected by the British Old Bill.

Well if I was innocent and some Portuguese inspector Clouseau was trying to pin it on me, I wouldn’t be that helpful and I suspect my lawyers would be telling me the same

And if you were guilty and a shitload of material evidence was building up alongside a mountain of inconsistencies with various testimonies, you’d say nothing as well.

Let’s not forget all of the prime suspects we’ve had before.

1 Like

I don’t want to be that person, and I want to think that the McCann’s didn’t have anything to do with that, but…this seems like a manufactured suspect to me.

1 Like

This is probably not the thing to say but I really don’t give a toss what they decide about this guy. The fact remains the parents left 3 little kids alone in an hotel in another country, an hotel that would provide a babysitter on request. At the very least that was child endangerment

9 Likes

They’ll have to pay costs if they lose the appeal.

Good to see all this money going in search of their daughter.

2 Likes

3 Likes