🗡 🎧 ⌚ Goaty Gadgets

Dogging in comfort

1 Like

6 berth :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Good news. Found a gadget that _may _suit part-time technophobe Goatboy.

The bad news is that Sir Clive Sinclair has learned precisely fuck all about product development in the last 30 years.

1 Like

Looks way too complicated for me pap. I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the kindle.

1 Like

So you broke it then. Goon.

Originally posted by @Bucks

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Looks way too complicated for me pap. I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the kindle.

So you broke it then. Goon.

Seemed like a lot of money for one page too.

4 Likes

We had a ZX81 which Dad decided to sell and upgrade to the spectrum. So the dick head decides to tell me that he had sold the ZX81 before telling me we were getting a spectrum. I sobbed my little heart out, and was so inconsolable that it took over an hour to for him to get through to me that this was going to be a good thing.

That said the ZX81 was soon forgotten when the spectrum turned up. I loved that thing.

6 Likes

I’m voting you up because I love techy stories, but I think you should know that I would have mocked you in the playground for your lack of sound. And if that didn’t work, we C64 owners had two words that would reduce you all to tears.

Colour clash. (Muha! You didn’t think I’d go there!)

(Sotonians; please give our historical ZX owners time to process)

Yep CB I had a ZX81 too, though mine was borrowed from a cousin who (shock!) did not use it FFS. This was soon upgraded to a Spectrum which provided many hours of entertainment, at least a quarter of which were spent programming line after line of code from a magazine to provide an often sub-standard game :lou_facepalm_2:

4 Likes

That is impressive work, Bucks. I reckon that post took ten minutes tops to write.

That means that at maximum, you could only have been hyper-ventilating over the colour clash comment for three quarters of an hour.

The lads at school had to be wheeled out and shocked back to life with a Kempston interface.

3 Likes

The worst thing about the spectrum was when they introduced those stupid plastic decrption devices which was supposed to change a jumble of pixels on the screen into a code. So having managed to get the game to load having had to fanny about with the volume setting on the tape recorder, it would kick you out because you couldn’t decipher the hieroglyphs.

Sir is referring to Lenslok.

The worst thing about the ZX81 was getting the memory pack to balance on a piece of carboard and trying not to dislodge it whilst using the Keyboard (used in a very loose way) and losing whatever you were doing.

Yes it was my ZX81.

1 Like

Originally posted by @pap

Sir is referring to Lenslok.

That’s the motherfucker.

1 Like

Anyone any good with TVs?

i impulse bought one at what seemed a v good price, but I’m pretty clueless and fear I made a poor choice. Anyone with thoughts on this? Help is much appreciated.

Tele

No worries there mate :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Got a wee tech upgrade myself this week. My old Tannoy speakers have finally given up the ghost. A couple of the satellites had suffered falls, but the final straw was the subwoofer going this week, which I maintain was caused by ms pap sitting on the fucking thing all the fucking time.

I did not have a huge budget for the replacements, but managed to get a nice set of Wharfedale replacements. Amp is still working like a champ, 12 years on.

I’m thinking about getting myself one of these.

2 Likes

Hey PS4 kids. I had to put up with this … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82NNqaMD66M

3 Likes

Setting up the new tele, of course the legs are too far apart to fit on the current stand. :lou_facepalm_2: