šŸ—” šŸŽ§ āŒš Goaty Gadgets

I was tempted to buy myself this. I didnā€™t as it would end up being just more expensive clutter.
That said, i still want one.
https://m.banggood.com/16-Cylinder-Hot-Air-Stirling-Engine-Motor-Model-Creative-Motor-Engine-Toy-Engine-p-1220106.html?rmmds=detail-middle-buytogether

1 Like

Medieval spear head - pre-Tudor, poss as early as 11th century - used.

I like off-grid low-tech Xmas pressies. No batteries required :lou_lol:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s cool.

Anal sexual toy? Fair play

1 Like

Ribbed for sensation

2 Likes

I need some gadget advice. Iā€™ve been gifted a TV bought in the Canaries. The room Iā€™ve got it in, I cannot plug it in to the aerial (stuck a massive wardrobe over the aerial output). So I need to find a way of using it so that I donā€™t have to watch any more Man U matches (so I am sure you will all help me avoid this torture).
Thinking it will be a chromecast / firestick or if there is any other gadget similar that would work. Any recommendations?

Those are both options, unless you fancy gaming again, then Iā€™d do that instead. All the big consoles come with streaming options these days.

Things have (ahem) moved on from Lotus Turbo Challenge 2.

1 Like

I still have my SNES collecting dust but think my gaming days were over at Tekken on the PS1.

I didnā€™t know where to put this but i suppose this thread will do.
I need to get a new phone, for years i have just been using an old Nokia pay as you go but it finally packed up. A mate gave me his old smart phone, i popped into Tescos and got one of their cheap monthly deals, 7-50 a month for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 1 GB of data. Unfortunately it looks as if my gifted phone is on itā€™s last legs too so i need a replacement. I basically just use the phone for calls and texts but i will be using Whatsapp and Line, check e mails, donā€™t download much so 1 GB is ample. I need a budget,( read cheap) smart phone. Around 100 quid sim free or unlocked. Any suggestions? Maybe this is one for Pap as i am in Liverpool and he seems to be a bit of a tech wizard. Tescos seem to be a bit expensive unless you go with one of their monthly deals which i donā€™t want or need. Thanks in advance.

Iā€™ve inherited a Moto-G5 off my daughter. They were great budget phones when they came out at around Ā£169. Theyā€™re even cheaper now, and nigh on indestructible.

1 Like

Thanks for that Pap. Any suggestions where to get one?

eBay has got loads, but you could try the pawn shops on Broady.

Nah, i think itā€™s best to get a new phone. If i get one from the pawn shops on Broady i will get plagued by punters wanting a 20 quid bag of Lemo! :lou_smiley:: If i get a phone from e bay will i be able to put the Tesco sim in it?

There are Tesco ones on there, but depending on your present SIM size, you might have to get a new one.

Have a look here @Nottarf-Krap. All of these will take any sim/network and you can filter it for your price range. The ones around Ā£150-Ā£200 look pretty good. Iā€™d take the Sony, but Samsung are very good and they even have Nokia. The Chinese ones probably have more kit for the money, but iā€™ve never used one, so canā€™t comment(they sell a lot though).
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/sim-free.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjUzM20gsbhAhUjrXEKHREgDkgQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1308iOGPuQ0A6BPKcPwm2U

I got my son a Huswai Y6 for Ā£70 from iD mobile, it is fine for his purposes, which probably match @Nottarf-Krapā€™s

iD mobile is run by Carphone Whorehouse BTW

Ā£70, thatā€™s great value. Not tried one, so assumed they were shit.
Go Chinese @Nottarf-Krap

Thanks all for your help. I shall get online and have a look at whatā€™s available.

Also a free bug and a back door they can access, all for the sake of a saved tennerā€¦

Donā€™t believe everything you read Baz, unless you know something we donā€™t.