:cash: šŸš“ Giving is saintly - MoT and BTripz Special Ride!

Cheers Bletch

1 Like

Ok you lovely people - first up if you have donated well done! And huge thank you.

I am currently 88km into a 110km ride and my arse feels like the entire 5th Battalion of the Draggoon guards have had a go, so to keep me going, I am just thinking of you all

Right, best get back on the trusty steed and finish todayā€™s fucker!

6 Likes

Zero to Hero - like it. So much for building up gradually :joy:

2 Likes

Hahaā€¦ well more a newbie error. Up here you have to make the most of a decent day, and next week a ton of works may shorten ride timesā€¦ so needed to get a few in bank this weekend to stay on track. Had intended to do 65-70km, but felt really good at 75ā€¦ should have known and stopped. Last 20km was 15kmh if i was luckyā€¦ but still think 114km in 5 hours for a 50year old weighing in at 114kg (a certain symmetry there) is not badā€¦ starving now mind and on a horrendous diet as need to shed around 30kgā€¦

2 Likes

OKā€¦ you are the JURY!

BTripz is a fine upstanding man, for joining the team and putting his arse on the line to raise e a few quidā€¦ however, he decided to backdate his efforts and include all rides in May, towards his total even though he did not sign up until the 5thā€¦ so far be it from me to call him cheating bastard looking too gain an advantage, I just admire his ā€˜spunkā€™. However, i put it to you, the noble and fair and never wrong Sotonians to determine if he should be allowed to retain these km within his total?

cast your vote below a Is canā€™t be arsed doing a poll.

Oh youā€™re a harsh man and that is no lieā€¦

BTW what is this KM off which you talk?

1 Like

KM? Its too modern for old cunts like you

Seriously though Bob, your riding has come on loads - looking at your pace over 50-60km + thatā€™s very goodā€¦ will be a breeze for you this 1200kmā€¦ i May run about if time as work is so busy so weekends will need to try and do long rides, but my body is not really in that sort of shapeā€¦ :scream:

1 Like

I think Bob should be given just 4 days at the end of May to make the distance and if he doesnā€™t make it then he should pay Ā£1000 fine.

1 Like

Canā€™t he just wait until the end of the month and then say that the miles are in the post?

3 Likes

Iā€™m afraid no ride today as Iā€™ve had homework to do and I am now drinking

1 Like

I will be drinking very soonā€¦ sneaky ones while I cook :wink:

Arseā€¦ maybe a wee glass too many yesterday eveningā€¦ as they say in local parlance ā€˜saw hiedā€™

However, being a man of not only immense size, but immense courage and stoicism, am about to venture out. Will be a shorter 50km or so as legs a bit wobbly after yesterdayā€™s shenanigansā€¦

CALLING BOB! Get out of that garden chair and don the lycraā€¦ you know it is the right thing to do!

3 Likes

I am planning a ride for this evening, I am not a morning personā€¦

Maybe this oneā€¦

https://strava.app.link/jbz8XuUul6

2 Likes

That appears to have an evil climb at about mile 37.

Let us know how it goes!

Also is your heart rate accurate on Strava. Seems to read high?

Just back from todays rideā€¦ legs OK. Distance seems not to be the issue, but have lost 4-6kph in pace for same routes ā€¦ thatā€™s what only 12 rides and 400k in 2019 does to yaā€¦ :pensive:

Iā€™m not sure, itā€™s from my watch and I donā€™t think thatā€™s accurateā€¦ need to get a proper band I think

If its the hill Iā€™m thinking of is not as bad as it looksā€¦ canā€™t see the miles easily on my phoneā€¦

2 Likes

Youā€™re no Captain Tom you lazy bastard :smiley:

So its blowing a hoolie here today (local term for heavy winds, as opposed to a naughty football scamp getting his nob sucked) 20-25mph winds forecast today so will be a tough one. Its currently only 5C as well so will wait until it warms up to a ā€˜8ā€™ around lunchtimeā€¦ Have to clean bikes this morning anyway.

Slight left quad twinge yesterday so need to be carefulā€¦ my muscles are not used to doing any work, especially not for caring this kind of bulk.

Need to get to 400km by end of tomorrow to be ā€˜on trackā€™ given its more tricky to do the 40k per day when working - currently at 310, but will be tough with 2 days of heat cold windsā€¦

1 Like

Is my right quad and sartorius thatā€™s doing me. Iā€™ve just checked and Iā€™ve only done 162 miles (260 km), not even 1/4 of the way there, go to step it up a bitā€¦ but like you I wirk during the week so itā€™s a tad more difficult than I thought it was going to beā€¦

1 Like