šŸ—£ Gigs

James played here a couple of week ago
By all accounts from mates was an epic gig
Oh sit down

1 Like

It was bloody great though, wasnā€™t it? We were in the seats on the right as you looked at the stage. First time I had been there since James in 1999.

Charlatans let down a bit by bad sound. Although, Ever Fallen in Love wqas a great tribute to the late Mr Shelley.

James were just fucking majestic.

1 Like

I was on the left hand side. yeah I thought the sound was a bit off for the Charlatans which is a shame as really love their stuff.
James were great but I think we got spoilt seeing them headline Camp Bestival and its quite small there. This was my 3rd time Iā€™ve seen them. I wish I had seen them back in the day.

1 Like

Just back from Wedgewood Rooms where we saw Mercury Rev celebrating 20 years since releasing Deserters Songs, with a stripped down, semi-accoustic set.

First time Iā€™d seen them for 15 years or so and it was quite a change from the usual full-on, over the top sets they do.

3 Likes

Went out on Monday to see Keuning at Dingwalls. First time Iā€™ve been there. Very small venue in Camden. Keuning was (is) the guitarist for the Killers. Iā€™d heard snippets of his new work but thought Iā€™d take the opportunity to see him in such a small venue. It wasnā€™t sold out which was great for those who did make the effort.
I am not very good at reviewing so think this sums it up best - https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/music/dave-keuning-review-london-dingwalls-a4013991.html

He was very kooky and it was nice to see him in a different light.

Off to see The Streets at Brixton Academy tonight :lou_smiley:

1 Like

I wanted to go to one of these but havenā€™t got my arse into gear to go.

I saw Frank Turner on Sunday at Ally Pally. Once again a fabulous non stop singalong show.

Last night of the tour and it was brilliant.

2 Likes

Just bought tickets to see Stereolab in June.

This is very exciting.

1 Like

Massive Attack tomorrow night with visuals by Adam Curtis. Should be good (apart from itā€™s the O2 arena).

1 Like

Iā€™m at a Sean McGowan gig and sat next to Sam Duckworh (get cape)!

1 Like

He also stood just behind us all gig.

1 Like

Lucky you. Jealous!

Sean McGowan should have all the ingredients for me to love him but something stops me from fully committing.

Seen him many times (as Iā€™m sure you have too) supporting Frank Turner and other Xtra Mile artists but something leaves me feeling a bit distant.

We like him. Been seeing him at gigs for a number of years now.

James at The Guildhall. Approx. 27th time of seen them.

Well at least I saw the final 55 mins, due to the drunken fuckwits I drove to Cheltenham, going missing after the last race and then requiring I dropped one of their guests off at his hotel somewhere in darkest Gloucestershire.

Cunts!

2 Likes

Heads up for later in the yearā€¦Calexico and Iron & Wine are touring their new collaborative album, (to be released in June) ā€œYears To Burnā€ Weā€™ll be going to the gig at The De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill-on-Sea on November 24th.
Other venues on the tour includeā€¦ Usher Hall, Edinburgh, Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool, Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, Warwick Arts Centre, Coventry, Royal Festival Hall, London and De La Warr Pavilion.

1 Like

First track from the albumā€¦

Going to see The Specials in Utrecht in November :grinning:

5 Likes

Seeing them in a few weeks at Brixton.

1 Like

Went to Africa Express: the circus last night.
Amazing musicians and a secret appearance of Blur. All in my home borough.

4 Likes