šŸ—£ Gigs

Not at all! I decided to carpe diem and hope I donā€™t get too caught up with work stuff. I actually tried to get a ticket but fr some reason the bank is declining the payment. Pretty annoying.

1 Like

If @Intiniki buys me a ticket, Iā€™ll accept a drink off @KRG. You can thank me later for solving this socially awkward situation.

3 Likes

There were 3 seats all next to each other in the balconyā€¦

1 Like

I may be Fatso but Iā€™m so morbidly obese that I need 3 seats.

Offer withdrawn.

How fucking rude.

5 Likes

?

I didnā€™t intend to offend! We could have all gone and had a seat each and have a music based sotonians meet up.

Managed to get a ticket in the end as it was down the last 3.
It will be the start of quite a busy September and October of gigs. I am going to not book much in for November or December so I can rest. Victorious Festival was even a bit of a chore. Getting too old for it.

So, @Intiniki the Sotonians musical offshoot will mainly be

@dinger
@KRG
@Intiniki

@Fatso for the freebies
@Fowllyd for the esoteric stuff
@saintbletch cos heā€™ll turn up to the opening of an envelope

Then maybe @lifeintheslowlane for some olds stuff

Actually, I think everyone deserves a mentionā€¦

Anyone else Iā€™ve missed ?

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Iā€™m not a musical dinosaurā€¦I listen to new stuff all the time. :rage:

1 Like

You do indeed

Those modern popular musical beat combos are great arenā€™t they?

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Just remembered Iā€™ve got tickets to Thee Oh Sees on Monday.

Iā€™ve already got a pretty hectic weekend coming up (hopefully more on that later), then St Vincent on Tues.

Fuck it, sleep when Iā€™m dead.

2 Likes

Bit tired today, even though last nights gig was done by 10pm. St Vincent was just quite mesmerising and very funny. Bit awestruck by the pianist Thomas Bartlett too. So glad that @KRG mentioned it on this thread otherwise it would have passed me by.

So a headups for John Grant fans on the south cost - heā€™s playing Southampton Guildhall next Feb. As itā€™s a Friday night I am also tempted to come down.

3 Likes

Playing at this thing at the weekend. Iā€™ll probably ruin it for everyone.

https://www.railwayinn.pub/show/strong-recordings-presents-motor-tension-ensemble-est/

EDIT: puts the actual link inā€¦

5 Likes

Saw The ā€œOh Seesā€ at the O2. Bristol last Sunday, Sounds a bit wank, but they were incredidbly good live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV77jgo6LJIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV77jgo6LJI

I hear from a source close to you that Braggā€™s heart hasnā€™t been in it lately. Gets off early at festivals. Never got over the moment he met the Great Paul Taylor at a vegan place in Greenfields *

* Note, forum regulars. ** This was not my statement. This was @Intinikiā€™s fellaā€™s brilliant piss-take after I met Billly Bragg.

ā€œOh, Iā€™m sure Bllly Bragg was very pleased to meet the Great Paul Taylorā€, he said. I told intinitkiā€™s fella to fuck off and called him a bastard a lot of times in quick succession. Warmly. He was undeterred in this particular line of comedy.

** Yes I am deeply ashamed that I have to point that out.

4 Likes

Saw them in London last Monday. They were fucking incredible. Watching those two drummers playing in unison was absolutely mesmerising.

1 Like

Yeah I didnā€™t know too much about them beforehand to be honest. A friend recommended them. Fucking amazing live experience

1 Like

Off to see this lot tonight, should be fun. Might be up your alley @SaintBristol, if you liked Thee Oh Sees. Or anyone who I infected with King Gizz

:point_up_2:

This was loads of fun. So glad I, for once, remembered to pick up my ear plugs. Was a proper treat to not have ears ringing and hurting on the way home - which was good, as the trains conspired to make it take an absolute age to get home, having to go right out East (walking distance from my old flat) to then go to zone 6 West :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

In further evidence of how old Iā€™m getting, off to Spiritualized tonight. Itā€™s an all seater affair at The Apollo, and Iā€™m actually looking forward to sitting there and letting it wash over me.

2 Likes

yep thatā€™s a sign, when you start going for the seated. Always have those earplugs (I wear mine on the tube as the decibels are quite loud there too). The most recent sign is that you are happy that whatever youā€™ve gone to do on a week night is over by 9.30/10pm. But think you are a good few years away from that.

2 Likes