Getting logged out all the time

I can replicate that. Click the Login button really quickly twice. It happens.

2 Likes

I had to login again this morning second time in two days

Itā€™s happened to me a number of times - rather irritatingly, on a couple of occasions Iā€™ve been about to post something, realised that I canā€™t, logged in and been taken back to the main page, meaning I have to re-find the point where I was about to post.

I would have forgotten what I was going to say by then.

1 Like

Yes, that just happened on my iPad. Itā€™s the first time itā€™s ever happened, although, I haveā€™t been online for a few weeks.

OK papster, Iā€™ve been drinking Welsh whisky* all night so these reports might be a bit sketchy, but I got logged out earlier on this evening, and the ASP.NET_Sessionid cookie did NOT get replace or renewed.

However the MvcForumAuth cookie changed from a long expiry (>300 days) to be only a session cookie.

Donā€™t know if that helps you track it down.

* Not a euphemism.

2 Likes

Had to log in again this morning

Me too

Go out for a couple of hours, leaving my laptop on - come back and I have to log in again!

Iā€™ve had a look at the settings, and Iā€™m not seeing anything awry (although I have been logged out around twice today myself). Iā€™m going to put a ticket in with the hosting provider. We havenā€™t really changed anything and I donā€™t know what theyā€™re doing in the background.

OK this is getting a tad annoying. Just left my switched on, logged in, remember me laptop for 25 minutes and guess what? Had to log in yet again!

Just make sure (as I had to) that you check the ā€œKeep me logged inā€ box when re-logging. I have been genuinely booted off the system today for no apparent reason. Iā€™ve been logged out a couple of times due to my own stupidity. I am not saying there isnā€™t a problem. There is, and itā€™s starting to nark me too. Iā€™m just saying make sure youā€™re not adding to it like I did :blush:

I have checked the ā€˜keep me logged inā€™ box every time Pap x

And again!

Always copy what you have written before pressing postā€¦ If it is a long post that is. :wink:

Iā€™m going to make a small change to one of our scheduled jobs.

Weā€™ve got a keep alive job which runs once every five minutes. Iā€™m going to increase the frequency of that to every minute and see if that makes a difference.

Ok, the keep alive job should be in place now. Itā€™ll check the homepage every minute now, which may help us with the login thing.

My login survived the new code upload, so letā€™s see how this goes.

just had to log in again but first tie i checked since yesterday evening

I did seem to have the problem in the music chain thread when changing pages and trying to post. I would get logged out. I have just had a flick around the pages and fine at this stage :grinning:

Just had to login! :unamused: