šŸ“· General photos - scenery anywhere!

:camera: General photos - scenery anywhere!

My first love is b&w. I like street photography so here are a few. This one is this February in Roseau, Dominicaā€¦

Also Feb this yearā€¦Racehorses at Carlisle Bay, Barbadosā€¦

November 2015ā€¦Winchesterā€¦

Why, when the ā€œconstrain proportionsā€ box is ticked by default when sizing the pictures to fit the page, does the software always fail to ā€œconstrain proportionsā€ and screw up your pictures? :lou_facepalm_2:

Nice work guys, wish I could do street togging. The horse pic is magnificent mate

The racehorse scene is apparently a daily event. I was settling down on a sunlounger when along came 5 groms each with a beautiful horse. They walked straight into the sea. One pairing swam about 200 yards outā€¦all looked untroubled by it.

Stayed at Carlisle bay the other year, donā€™t remember the horses but do remember discovering the red light district behind the racehorse track when getting off the bus at the wrong stop.

So having been reminded of Barbados. This was the best thing we did out there. Photos are from a very cheap underwater camera. I had no idea how the photos would turn out as I couldnā€™t see the screen. My next purchase will be a better underwater camera - advice welcome.

Missed out on spotting a turtle in Mauritius. Annoyingly my partner did see one.

Another of the sea-horsesā€¦the woman in the picture I found out later comes from Southamptonā€¦

Walking the dog can be dangerous in these partsā€¦

BTW Nikiā€¦love the turtle pictures. You did very well without a viewfinder. :lou_surprised:

A few more nature ones - Lucky enough to go to Kenya a few years ago - lifelong ambition

Zebras in Tsavo East hiding their outline

The eles are red as the soil is red

Red elephant of Tsavo

Little Lemur

Twisted Trunks

Thanks. Itā€™s tricky as I cannot really see with a snorkel mask as my vision is blurred without glasses, combined with a shit camera. I think itā€™s a miracle I got any! Point and shoot.

Love the turtle pics - closest I get is taking shots in my marine tank

Labouti Wrasse

Magnificent Tailspot blenny

Moody Clown

I think youā€™ve found Nemo. :lou_surprised:

Heard my first Cuckoo of spring walking the dog this morningā€¦no pictures of it though.

Stunning birds. Only time I saw one last year I didnā€™t have my camera. Gutted

Donā€™t really do birdsā€¦had a long lens once but never used itā€¦as I say Iā€™m a street and landscape man.

This is as close to wildlife as I getā€¦still ā€œstreetā€ photography really :lou_wink_2:

I took this photo of Swanage bay a while ago

It uploaded to google photos which ā€œauto awesomedā€ it, I think the auto awesome is nicer

I was looking back thought this topic last night, before sleep. Impressive. You guys have been to some amazing places (and captured some beautiful images of them).

Goatboy ā€“ is there anywhere beautiful and exotic that you havenā€™t been? :lou_surprised:

Originally posted by @lifeintheslowlane

Why, when the ā€œconstrain proportionsā€ box is ticked by default when sizing the pictures to fit the page, does the software always fail to ā€œconstrain proportionsā€ and screw up your pictures? :lou_facepalm_2:

+1. This is so annoying.

This is a most excellent high-res black and white still, lifeintheslowlane. The detail is superb. Like youā€™ve captured a little piece of time, standing still, and now forever on hold.

November 2015 you say ā€“ but it looks like itā€™s from another time, another era.

This is a most excellent high-res black and white still, lifeintheslowlane. The detail is superb. Like youā€™ve captured a little piece of time, standing still, and now forever on hold.

November 2015 you say ā€“ but it looks like itā€™s from another time, another era.

Thanks Jack, Iā€™m pleased you like it because of all the pictures I took in 2015, (and there are hundreds) it happens to be my favourite too. Iā€™m a desciple of the master of street photography, Henri Cartier-Bresson but only fit to shine his shoes. I always have in mind his tenet on street photographyā€¦every scene has its decisive moment. Use your instinct to identify it and capture it.

Most of the time I miss but occasionally it gells. :lou_smiley: