šŸ‰ šŸ’ŗ āš” Game Of Thrones /spoilers

lol ā€¦ what like blood and guts medieval food fights ?

Did you read the book because of the show or before ? Just interested

Read after I saw first season I think. I checked with other people whoā€™d read it to see if the series and books were pretty close and they said it was. I donā€™t think they were.

1 Like

Biggest GoT Battle evah??

I am soooo pumped watching that :lou_lol:

See you in an hour or so, ladies and sers.

1 Like

Game of Thrones is back.

The Good
The opening scene is nice, even if it did have me a little perplexed momentarily. Itā€™s at the old Frey place, ā€œWalderā€ has brought all remaining Freys of import back for a nice meal. Except didnā€™t Walder die last year at the hands of a young lady that can swap faces? Ooh-er, missus.

Visually, the episode looked excellent for the most part. Great VFX on a shambling wight horde, lots of shots of dragons flying about.

Also liked the way Daenerys was used. She has one line in the show, despite around ten minutes of screen time. The tail end of the show focuses on her reclaiming her ancestral homeland ( and birthplace ) of Dragonstone.

The Bad
I donā€™t give a shite if Maisie Williams is a huge fan of Ed Sheeran. His cameo in the show might have been one of the closest things to breaking the fourth wall the show has ever done. Awkward close up. Loads of people moaning about it on Eartheros. Ed has deleted his Twitter account again.

Most of the scenes in Oldtown seem a bit pointless. The central ā€œrevelationā€ is that thereā€™s a shitload of dragonglass underneath Dragonstone. Sam should already know this. Stannis told him about it in seasons past.

The Ugly
For all the great visuals, GoT does have a habit of copping out sometimes. Not much of that here, and I get why the Hound is a particularly interesting person to be staring into flames. But thatā€™s pretty much what he does for three minutes.

The aftermath at Kingā€™s Landing doesnā€™t look like a particularly safe place. When Cersei claims to be Queen of the seven kingdoms, Jaime quips back ā€œthree, at bestā€.

2 Likes

That is Fair Summary pap. I am not Expert on Ed Sheeran, I donā€™t know v.much about him at all, but even under my cursory examinations I should have said that the worst thing about him is His Face. It should never be given so much screen time! Itā€™s like a toad fucked a coconut. If you have to include Ed Sheeran in frame while actorā€™s are acting, for some commercial reason or something, they should have at least restricted it to i.e. just his knees or something.

It was especially annoying cos I was trying v.hard to keep my boner primed. The pre-show disclaimer v.clearly promised ā€œnudityā€ and I was v.excitement. Would it be Dragon Woman? Would it be Cersei? Would it be Sansah Stark, at last? No. It was some old dead man being autopsy, and you could barely even see the profile of his Shaft. I was v.angar bout that also.

It was bit dry episode overall, but tbf that is mostly my fault. They had to reintroduce all the characters and what was going on, because I couldnā€™t remember a Single Thing that happened in the last Series.

2 Likes

Its good to have it back after so long. Getting worried about The Hound. Him growing feelings and a conscience could see his downfall. Agree with the Ed Sheeran comments. If they were desparate to do it, give him a background shot somewhere but certainly DONT let him sing a song. Not sure how Euron in going to be the baddest given the quality of Ramsey and Jodfrey. He will have to go some to beat them. Used to like Thronecast but it is just too drawn out in its new extended format. I think they had to wake the audience up in the end (and me). Another major character is bound to meet their end in this series - which one though? The one I dont want to croak is Tyrion, so it is bound to be him. It has been suggested that Euron will bring his head back as a wedding gift for Cersei. Hmmmm.

Along with Ed, other musicians to make cameos are -

3 members of Mastadon, Will Champion of Coldplay, Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol, Sigur Ros and Of Monsters And Men.

I worked out the first scene quickly and may have given it away to my partner who wasnā€™t listening so didnā€™t get it for a bit anyway.

Agree with Ed comments. It was particularly cringey.

It was odd watching it with my partner as heā€™s caught up with it a few months ago having not had it on his radar.

Nah, heā€™ll be off to Valyria to retrieve the Dragonbinder.

If The Hound kills Ed Sheeran Iā€™ll be very happy.

Dennis Pennis still freaks me out - eyes too close together.

1 Like

TCK calls out Dennis Pennisā€¦ Cheers,I knew Iā€™d seen the bastard before but could not place himā€¦ Did he not do some film about bowls and being a DJ in IBiza going deaf?

as for sheeran . Cuntā€¦ So wanted the Aha Stark (keeping the band theme alive there) to peel the fucking skin of his rancid disease infested tiny cock before poking his eyes with her pointy thing (I called it a pointy thing because ā€˜only cunts Name swordsā€™)ā€¦

Ed Sheeran is back on Twitter.

For fuck sakes. The cunt is less credible than Turkish leaving SaintsWeb.

I got round that by watching the last 3 episodes from the previous series (Season?) the night before.

As I could not name one Ed Sheerin record, I didnā€™t realise it was him. Did recognise the little skinhead from ā€œThis is Englandā€ sitting next to him. The one that wants to get into Aryaā€™s britches.

No Ed Sheeran this week. Pretty good episode, continuing events from Daenerysā€™ landing at Dragonstone. Arya sees some old faces again.

Right, so going to be super busy for the next few days. Didnā€™t really have time to do my Good, Bad and Ugly GoT review this week. Expect that to be rectified now. I know many of you are still to see the show, so I wonā€™t reveal too much.

The Good
Unexpectedly action packed. Weā€™re only one episode in, so it was a surprise to see some large budget shenanigans go down. Aryaā€™s Sheeran-less journey through Westeros is a lot better this week, and she catches up with some faces sheā€™s not seen for some time. Stuff like this is why we love arc based television.

The summit at Dragonstone brings some familiar faces back into the mix.

The Bad
Iā€™d be nitpicking if I started pulling too much bad out of this episode. Thereā€™s really not a lot to go around. However, Iā€™d like to use this section of the review to big up Euron, seeing as the show has done a fairly poor job, so far, of illustrating the depths of his depravity.

In the books, it is quickly established that heā€™s an utter bastard. He captains a ship called the Silence, so called because all of his crew is mute. Heā€™s also done nasty shit such as cutting the tongues from pregnant women, then using them as a live decoration on the prow of his ship.

I would expect him to fill the ā€œrelentless megacuntā€ spot that was recently vacated by the Boltonā€™s Bastard and previously, King Joffrey, first of his name, especially after this week.

The Ugly
Thereā€™s a scene involving Samwell and Jorah Mormont. Itā€™s fucking grim.

2 Likes

Just watched and that sums it up nicely Pap. Things moving along more quickly now.

Show answered some important questions this week, like if you had no cock would you still want to eat puss?

I was non-plussed by Eurons tho, and his abrupt change from the goofy uncle of Someone, to apparently Mental Badass that we need to be Worried About.