šŸ‰ šŸ’ŗ āš” Game Of Thrones /spoilers

Pap. Surely itā€™s obvious.

Cersei

Drahons

Fire.

Frying tonight no doubt very publicly

Meh, thatā€™s not going to happen episode one though, is it?

I havenā€™t read all of the posts on this thread so I donā€™t know if anyone has mentioned this before, but if you want something to do until next GoT then have a read of the ā€œThe Accursed Kingsā€ series written by Maurice Druon.

Recommended as the original Game of Thrones by George R R Martin.

So just caught up with the last two episodes after my hols. Holy shit! How good was the Battle of the Bastards? I love the way that each season gives you a few weeks of foreplay, then you get your climax followed by a post coital glow. The structure is awesome. And now I have wait until next Spring to get another fix unless Martin can get his book finished!

Sansa is becoming the character to watch. Will Liitlefinger use her or will she use him? That look between them when they were all cheering for Jon was interesting! It will be more interesting when she finds out Jon Snow isnā€™t remotely a Stark!!

He is remotely a Stark. Heā€™s Sansaā€™s blood cousin.

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

Sansa is becoming the character to watch. Will Liitlefinger use her or will she use him? That look between them when they were all cheering for Jon was interesting! It will be more interesting when she finds out Jon Snow isnā€™t remotely a Stark!!

He is remotely a Stark. Heā€™s Sansaā€™s blood cousin.

So he is!

you know nothing, sad gert

1 Like

So they can do a Jamie and Cersei without the stigma! Actually can reanimated characters actually, you know, perform??

1 Like

Youā€™re asking if itā€™s okay to shag your own cousin.

And people wonder why the humble Sotonian gets accused of being inbred by rival fansā€¦

I suppose it depends on which universe it is in. In Wolf of Wall Street universe (ours), shagging your own cousin is frowned upon, even by people who have the morals of an alleycat in every other respect.

In GoT, and specifically with the Targaryens, it represents a significant widening of the gene pool :lou_sunglasses:

As for Jon Snow being able to ā€œperformā€? Well, he can do everything else, canā€™t he? He was brought back to life by different means than Benjen, who is still technically dead.

Never watched this so opinions please, is it worth watching from the start or not?

Iā€™d say definitely. My sixteen year old is thinking of watching the show, but sheā€™s holding off because she already knows a lot of the big shocks through cultural osmosis.

One of the best shows ever, imo.

Absolutely. I didnt think I would see a better show than The Sopranos but this is so much better in so many ways. The only downside is that there is so much going on it helps if you watch it more than once so that you can take it all in. Not only are the story lines and characters captivating, but the production values are very high. We have lent out our box set to many friends who dont have SKY Atlantic and they have all become hooked.

Yep. Watch it. Other half was hooked after 1episode and only started 2 weeks ago.

Itā€™s the best TV made bar Band of Brothers.

In fairness, taking at as being akin to Medieval times (technology and society-wise) marrying oneā€™s first cousin as a noble was fairly common / encouraged.

Particularly as he would be a Targaryen, not a Stark - assuming Rhaegar and Lyanna secretly married (Valyrian faith allows for polygamy and numerous strands of legitimate children) itā€™s actually quite a sensible match if they can separate the raised together stigma.

Then again, the fact that fostering is so prevalent means that there must be quite a lot of people in GoT world who meet as kids when one is fostered and then marry ten years laterā€¦

New season is going to be slightly delayed.

Winter is here, and apparently it turns out that theyā€™re actually going to film it in winter :slight_smile:

Shouldnā€™t have any problems once Northern Irelandā€™s winter hits though. The lowlands stay fairly dry, but snow tends to stick about on the mountains, low as they are.

Oh do keep up Pap, that is such old news even I posted that on FB over a couple of weeks ago

Caused 18 of my FB friends to vote Brexit, 4 have apparently gone missing, 3 are in intensive care and one converted and joined a Kibbutz.

So typical of you Brits, youā€™re having the wrong type of bad weather

Although itā€™s good it really aint that good.

Drama wise The Wire and The Sopranos piss all over it. And now Iā€™ve nearly finished it - Gomorrah is up there too.