🐉 đŸ’ș ⚔ Game Of Thrones /spoilers

Some decent inventive killings this week

Originally posted by @Flahute

Odd episode.

Indeed

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Brilliant Hound! LOLs ‘‘you’re shit at dying, you know that!’’ classic Hound moment

The Hound’s lines were excellent.

1 Like

It was many things, but more than anything, it was the end of Arya’s time in Braavos.

We’re still getting a few bits and pieces book-wise, although most of that is focused on Riverrun and is being played somewhat out of order. Brienne’s mission to get the Tully army to assist with matters up North takes her to the castle. She speaks with the Blackfish, who is still the world’s least likely chap to give up a castle.

I could have done without the wine-drinking and joke-telling scene in Meereen. It can’t all be murderin’ - I understand that well enough - but equally, there’s a lot of things they could be doing with that time. The deal that Tyrion cut with the slavers, which looks to be working at the beginning of the episode, has fallen apart by the end - Meereen is attacked by a fleet of ships. Daenery’s turns up as this is happening. I would guess that the dragons will be sent to sort those ships out sharpish, although I would not rule out Yara and Theon turning up in the near future.

We start with Arya and end with her. It doesn’t appear to have been anywhere near as complex as some suggest, although that’s not to say it isn’t satisfying, or that it kills all theories. She’ll be badass when she returns to Westeros, which I suspect was Jaqen’s plan all along.

GA is right to list the killings. The Mountain was in action again this week. He doesn’t fuck about. The other big piece of news is that Cersei has had the rug pulled from under her feet with respect to her impending trial. Her entire plan for survival rested on the Mountain proving her innocence in a trial of combat. She has the former, but Tommen has just ruled the latter illegal.

You gotta wonder if there is anything she has left to pull from the bag.

Yeah the scene with the wine drinking had me rolling an eye. Then the scenes where Brienne was mawkishly gazing at Kingslayer had me rolling the other eye. And the scene where Danerys rocked up on her dragon had me rolling a third eye. That’s a lot of eye rolling for one episode srs. It give me migraine.

1 Like

It all seems to be getting rushed now. Arya running away from The Waif Terminator after three nasty stab wounds to the abdomen? Blackfish dying offscreen. Waif dying offscreen. Edmure giving up the castle for a child he has never seen and may never see.Dany arrives on Dragonback just in the nick of time. However, that was compensated by The Hound who had all the best lines and the best scenes. Next week looks awesome though, shame I wont be here! :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

The waif / arya was a bit terminator /agent smith like. Why isn’t she dead?! Looked like quite a stabbing.

2 Likes

I’m not a doctor, and tbf neither is the stage actor who provided her medical care, but I think multiple plunging stab wounds to gut is normally considered quite srs.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

It all seems to be getting rushed now. Arya running away from The Waif Terminator after three nasty stab wounds to the abdomen?

This was probably the dodgiest bit for me. I thought she was a goner last week, and expected a lot more from the scene. The Waif must have missed all internal organs.

Blackfish dying offscreen.

Probably for a reason. Is he really dead?

Waif dying offscreen.

She’s really dead.

Edmure giving up the castle for a child he has never seen and may never see.

He gave the castle up to save more than that. He did so to save the remaining members of his house. Same thing happens in the books.

Dany arrives on Dragonback just in the nick of time.

No issues with that, really. Last time we saw her, she was on the back of one.

However, that was compensated by The Hound who had all the best lines and the best scenes. Next week looks awesome though, shame I wont be here! :lou_facepalm_2:

Good to have him back. Everything, including him, looks pointed North at the moment. Seeing Beric Dondarrion again pretty much kills the possibility of another book character returning from the dead. In the books, he gives up all of his life to resurrect someone killed at the Red Wedding.

Yeah, I was expecting LSH to make an appearance in this season’s finale, but that looks like it isnt going to happen now.

I did wonder about Blackfish. Didnt he escape in the books? Thing is, if he was going to go, why not go with Brienne and Pod?

1 Like

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

Yeah, I was expecting LSH to make an appearance in this season’s finale, but that looks like it isnt going to happen now.

Which is kinda why I get miffed when the show spends minutes on “Funtime with Tyrion, Missandai and Grey Worm”. Could still happen. Let’s not forget that it’s Thoros of Myr that does the actual resurrectin’, and that LSH may be elsewhere.

I did wonder about Blackfish. Didnt he escape in the books? Thing is, if he was going to go, why not go with Brienne and Pod?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-6-blackfish-dead-clive-russell-interview-a7079706.html

1 Like

Makes sense. So he is dead then but it ties up a loose end and leaves the book free to go somewhere else with him.

There was a brief word between Cersei and Qyburn along the lines of ‘more, much more’. In one of Bran’s flash forwards he saw an explosion of wildfire. The thinking is that this is what Qyburn has found and Cersei intends to set KL alight.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Nobby-Plumbs

There was a brief word between Cersei and Qyburn along the lines of ‘more, much more’. In one of Bran’s flash forwards he saw an explosion of wildfire. The thinking is that this is what Qyburn has found and Cersei intends to set KL alight.

Good spot, Nobby. I remember that scene and read something about it today, but the implications of the old trial by combat were too busy rolling around the old noggin for any of it to process.

I think Tyrion may well end up being the only Lannister left from Tywin’s brood at the end of this season. Jamie has resolved the impasse at Riverrun and is presumably his on his way back to King’s Landing. He killed his king to prevent a big ol’ wildfire situation from destroying King’s Landing, when he was a serving member of the Kingsguard.

Could he do the same to Cersei if he walks in on a similar plot? From his conversation with Edmure, citing Cersei as the only thing he cares about, you’d think no. Wildfire is one of his buttons, and as last night illustrated - he’s not a complete cunt, even if he does use that impression as a defence mechanism.

You give me way to much credit Pap, I read it in the Independent. Interesting what you say, can’t help thinking there will be a major death before the end of this series.

Episode 9. Fuck yeah!

1 Like

Originally posted by @Flahute

Episode 9. Fuck yeah!

It’s a Mutha thats for sure - There be Dragons :lou_lol: and loads of good fighting

I tell you what, the Red Witch is in the shite!

mmmmm, wasn’t a coprophilliac before but I could be, as long as she leaves the necklace on.

Just watched Episode 9 in Starbucks here in Tokyo - best episode for a long time!

10 minutes into the episode and I’m loving it already!