šŸŽ Formula 1 - 2021

Had an eventful morning (translation: Iā€™ve been out).

Saw a thrilling over-taking move involving a couple of Shopmobility carts.

Surely racingā€™s governing bodies are missing a trick here. I reckon a Shopmobility Grand Prix series would be excellent.

Team innovations could be fed back into regular Shopmobility carts, as they are now with regular cars and F1.

It would also be very cheap to make. Most GPs could be done in car parks. Safety cars could be a young relative on a push bike.

Ainā€™t nothinā€™ newā€¦
This from Bonneville 2011. The Bonneville Barstool challenge.

1 Like

Yeah, but itā€™s not on the roads yet, is it?

The minute Ferrari enters the gameā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

60mph on a barstool. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

I have fallen off one faster than that

3 Likes

Email Netflix.

His forward rake is all fvcked up.
Not gonna change mid season.
Some tracks they will tweak the set up & get close but not many.

Fvck.
Iā€™ve become an F1 geek. Bloody Netflix

2 Likes

See this is why I no longer really watch much of thisā€¦ Hamilton whinges like no bodies business when his car is not as good, because he canā€™t winā€¦ yet when he does win, its not his car its his skillā€¦ Of course its a combination, but Hamilton never had to drive a heap of shit at the back of the grid like nearly all previous championsā€¦ Left Mclaren who had nurtured him and given him every opportunity at all levels when they stopped winning, joined Mercedes after they had just won as Brawnā€¦ and its thanks for the silverwareā€¦ Yesterday was whining about development having stoppedā€¦ no many being spent, which Toto then corrected by saying well no-one can spend any more budgets are fixedā€¦

1 Like

Which was why he delayed signing the new contract last year.
My guess is the 22 car will rock

TBF it took 2 or 3 years after he joined Mercedes before they started winning, it was the advent of the Hybrid era that was Mercedes boonā€¦

I donā€™t think he was actually whining yesterday, just stating the factsā€¦

Hamilton just nicked it on the penultimate lap

Brilliant drive

3 Likes

Having taken out Verstappen earlierā€¦

Hmm, for mine Verstappen was being ultra aggressive and could have avoided it himself.

I see Helmut Marko, the Red Bull team principal, was calling for Hamilton to get a full race suspensionā€¦

Think the time penalty was about right. Nothing more though

1 Like

Hamilton stayed on the racing line and Verstappen caught him should not have had the penalty at all in my opinion.

2 Likes

Canā€™t they just drop itā€¦

They were both at fault but Hamilton is a prize plonker

1 Like

My view is to give it the Dick Dastardly/Schumacher test. What would we have said if it had been Micheal in the Lewis position? Good chance it would have been added to his litany of ā€˜bad behaviourā€™ā€¦ Objectively, I saw it as Lewis not hugging the apex, and thus off the racing line so he caused it. Whether, that is then considered a racing incident or not is a separate issue based on what people feel is acceptable or not and that is where it becomes all subjective and will be swayed by your opinion of Lewis.