🏎 Formula 1 - 2021

That was brilliant.
Win for Hamilton formed by great driving but also amazing tactics from Mercedes to opt for a 2 stop strategy.
Lewis made up 22 seconds in about 9 laps .
Very impressive skills by driver & team

2 Likes

He needs to stay out, imo.

In his shoes, I’d feel I’d pushed my luck to the limit.

Good old Romain, on pole for the latest race in the IndyCar series at Indianapolis…

1 Like

If anyone has a stream, it’d be much appreciated.

LeClerc, on Pole, will not be racing, gearbox problems

I use cricfree.sc but on a “burner” laptop normally.
But nothing today as in middle of the “big move”
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

To be honest, it’s Monaco, you’re not missing anything…

Only overtakes have been because of pit stop strategy…

Verstappen leads from start to finish with no problems and no challenges.

Mercedes fecked their strategy and Hamilton finishes 7th. Verstappen now leads the world championship.

They need to get Monaco off of the calendar or do something about overtaking there.

Perhaps they can use the hard shoulder and change it to a “smart circuit” like the M25.

2 Likes

Short of bulldozing have the city, they are fucked

1 Like

Pretty much the same for past 40 odd years tbh

1 Like

Wow.
Verstappen in lead puncture 2 laps to go.
Red Flag.
Restart. Turn 1 Hamilton goes straight on & out of the GP!
PEREZ WINS
VETTEL SECOND!
GASLY THIRD!

1 Like

The “Have Your Tyres Gone” GP.

Tells its own tale really. Le Clerc is a great driver, should have done the business but don’t think Ferrari have figured out race pace yet.

Fair play to Perez. It’s one thing to have Carlos Slim on your side. It’s another to win GP races. He’s done that for a couple of teams now.

I can remember a time when everyone was desperate for Mansell to get a GP championship. Actually quite glad the tax exile is having heavy weather this year.

1 Like

Ouch, accidentally pressed the wrong button :lou_facepalm_2: :lou_facepalm_2:

Hamilton described the error as “humbling” - and Wolff said he and Hamilton were “destroyed” about it afterwards - but it was not quite as straightforward as a simple mistake.

Hamilton had inadvertently knocked a switch in the cockpit which had caused the incident.

Mercedes call it “magic”, a typical example of the sort of jargon and code F1 teams use to hide what they are doing from rivals and the public.

It’s a fancy name for a straightforward technology. ‘Magic’ switches the brake bias hugely to the front, so drivers can use the heat from the brakes to warm up the front tyres prior to the start of a race or a qualifying lap.

Hamilton had turned it off, as he should, before the start. But in jinking to avoid Perez as the Mexican tried to defend off the line, he had caught the switch again.

“Checo pulled to the left and I moved to the left and I hit a switch unknowingly and it basically just switched off the rear brakes and only the fronts were working,” Hamilton said.

“It’s really painful but I am really sorry to the team for this day. All I can do is try to rebuild.”

Had that not happened, Hamilton would have won the race and turned his four-point deficit in the championship into a 21-point lead.

2 Likes

Sorry but, hahahahahahahahaha

3 Likes

Bollix.
He was trying to retune the radio to Capital FM.
We’ve all done it

Can’t wait to see that episode on F1 - Drive to Survive. :lou_lol:

1 Like

In all seriousness, I got yesterday spot on.
Watched the start & pit stop mess.
Went to Supermarket get the needful for our BBQ, got back to see the Red Flag. Set up BBQ, returned for restart.
Went back & cooked perfect Ribeye steak
Rare occurrence tbh, normally miss the action & see the procession!

Now now, these are taxing times for Lewis and he’s managed to swerve tax for many years.

2 Likes