šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø For people on here who say the US is irrelevant

Please stay factual

You forgot Grenada & Panama

But why did they go in there, they went there for the right reasons arguably, bombing was seen and still as barbaric and a sign of a war they couldnā€™t win.
Also an easy target for someone whoā€™ll get out of their depth within a few minutes, it wasnā€™t just the Americans there, there were many nations, Thailand for instance, they werenā€™t fighting Vietnam (although it became moreso as time went that it seemed like it) they were fighting representatives of a system belief, like most of the US wars since the 2nd World War.

If they were that bad they wouldnā€™t have helped us would they?

Who were aligning with who?

How did Cambodia do after this?

When the baddies left, were they alright?

How did Korea do when the baddies left?

A better question to ask is why donā€™t other countries bother?

Itā€™s probably because theyā€™re not as addicted to the military industrial complex as the US has been.

Did they napalm kids or drop Agent Orange for ā€œthe right reasonsā€?

A better question is to answer that Iā€™ve written and not your red top idealism shite.

The problem with your thread is twofold:

1. Your title does not align with the vertical logic of your discourse - I dont believe you intended to use the word irrelevant, as its clear they are not irrelevant to the global politicā€¦ yet you seem to have steered a course to suggesting we all hate the yanks? odd.

You pick countries with the worst records to compare them to, (maybe because they re in the same ā€˜mad as mad cunts can get bucketā€™)ā€¦ whereas I would suggest when evaluating a country, surely you wish to compare them to the very best?

I have been to the US close to 50 times, from NY to San Fran, from Boston to Houston, Miami to New Orleans, Washington to San Diego, Phily to Chicagoā€¦and Denver, so pretty much the whole country except the grain beltā€¦ like all countries most folks you meet are friendly and welcomingā€¦ yet many despite mixing with work colleagues of all persuasions, there was always an undercurrent of ā€˜differentiation, and prejudiceā€™ in many places - simply by seeing who was doing what jobs is a good start.

The worst thing that Trump has done is stoke those fires, and through his narcissistic brand of populism , made it acceptable to link white privilege with patriotismā€¦

Whatever they have achieved, or fucked up on the international stage, they are a nation the has not come to terms with their racist pastā€¦ because, half the nation would probably have no issues if they still owned slavesā€¦ that is their biggest shame and why they IMHO will never be a nation that we should look up to.

They could make a good start by simply calling all Americans, Americans, not insisting on labelling (and thus segmenting) their population into ethnic clustersā€¦

1 Like

I think that is wholly unacceptable, what 160 million people would be ok if they still had slaves?

You canā€™t say that!

Yes he can
Free speech an all that

I can say itā€¦ and I did, to illustrate a point Barry. Its a generalisation for sure, but in the Southern States, there and still many who dont see any shame in their past.

To please you, I have added a ā€˜probablyā€™ in there as you cant seem to handle any such ā€˜controversyā€™ being such a ā€˜snowflake outside the echo chamberā€™

Many millions still do but not in nameā€¦ those employing illegal immigrants on piss poor wages for a start is a form of modern slavery.

How else do you explain 74million people voting for a racist president?

Of course but to state 160 million people would advocate having slaves still is fucking stupid to say the least!

Exactly, hence one of the reasons me voting to leave the EU.

Of course you can say it you melt but not in the context of hugely generalizing, fucking 160 million in the US wouldnā€™t say no to a bit of slavery, fuck off, what a stupid comment.

Well he didnā€™t run on the I am bringing back slavery campaign did he?

Its great watching you build a straw man here (see I can use this same metaphors multiple times as well) stood outside your echo chamber and proclaim someone says something stupid.

Lets be clearā€¦ there are a fuck load of people in the US who are racist and active soā€¦ there are most likely millions ore who secretly have not moved on from the civil warā€¦

This is a gold moment in this forums history, MOT believes 160 million in the US want slavery back or would advocate if it were still there, do you want to retract, change or keep that statement?

Ha ha what a bellend.

Barry, given the significant volume of unadulterated shite you spout, thatā€™s a bit fucking rich sonā€¦ I think you need to climb back in that echo chamber you are so familiar with and lie down for a while

Nope, no retraction, most will accept the point being made, without your pant wetting excitement.

1 Like

I like the symmetry here of Barry generating fake news on a US threadā€¦ at least be honest in your posts Barryā€¦ if you want to quote its

quite different from 160m wanting slavery backā€¦

1 Like