📢 ☁ Fighting, terrorism

Rule #1 of free societies.

You don’t deploy your troops on your own soil.

May’s Palpatine moment.

8 Likes

Thanks pap for picking up on it.

Anyone that supports this cunt can fuck off.

6 Likes

Yeah, and fair enough, emotions are high. And reality is, she would have been hyper aware of the need to come across as ‘presidential’ given the election, and how much that would help her come across, gien her recent balls ups. But, much as I can’t stand the Tory party, I don’t know her personally, and I’m not going to go into hyper-consipracy theory mode, or personal attack, just because I don’t like her or her party’s policies. There’s enough to criticise them on already that we do know.

Fair point @pap but don’t you think middle engerland will lap it up?

But they’re not really troops on the streets, they’re ‘extra police’. Fuck off May you useless lying cunt.

1 Like

Still, as a mark of respect, we won’t be campaigning today.

1 Like

They do in Northern Ireland, also elsewhere, don’t be blind son, she is a twat and this is protocol, put troops where the threat is.

1 Like

If you mean me then yeah I’m ok with it! If I’m gonna have to face down some suicide bombers armed only with my biro and desk calculator, I’d sooner have some squaddies back me up than normal police even. Come at me, suicide bros! I’m ready.

What if you’re just tagging a wall?

I’m postponing my petty looting and vandalism until after the squaddies have been recalled. In that sense, the May initiative is a Success.

Copy cat incidents? Really?

1 Like

Should spend some time with your kid mate.

2 Likes

Unfortunately that sack it going to suffer some serious chafage.

Only if they have no sense of smell.

1 Like

I think it’s going to be another colossal backfire. Theresa will probably get the usual fawning cover from the right wing press, and perhaps the sombre mood of the nation is going to prevent journalists from asking too many difficult questions.

I don’t think that will matter.

First, her competence issues were exposed before the attack in Manchester. She lied to the British public, and she’s now asking them for more trust than anyone has ever asked us outside of wartime, violating a fundamental understanding of what free societies are about.

Second, this is martial law, declared as far as we know, because a lone attacker wrought such heartbreaking destruction at the MEN. Even when Thatcher used troops in the civilian force, she did it on the sly and dressed them up as coppers. Disgusting, but this is different. This is overt. By implication, we’re expected to put up with armed forces on our streets.

And while I hate to polticise, Mrs May leaves me no option. She was Home Secretary for six years, and has been Prime Minister for ten months. During her time as Home Secretary, she cut funding to the police, reducing manpower on the streets. As Prime Minister, she has introduced the most draconian internet snooping legislation in the Western world, and now seems to be going for a military junta or a police state.

Strong? Stable? She’s off her fucking head.

3 Likes

I think you’re overreacting, but she is off her head.

I’m not sure who is jking and who is srs anymore. That May arse don’t really decide the threat level or write the security protocols does she? Don’t they have like, MI6 and Q and i.e fkn experts to sort that?

2 Likes

Of course they do, but it doesn’t fit with the narrative of the forum.

May is still a nutjob though.

1 Like

As unpalatable as it is to think, I think May has raised the terror level in order to appear to be doing something and to be strong…and people will fall for it. People will feel safer with the army about and guns visible and she has guaranteed herself some more votes. Goatboy is right, she’s squeezing votes out of yesterday’s events, I’m sure of it.

6 Likes

First, I’d like to reiterate that protecting us from these attacks, and cyberattacks was within her brief as Home Secretary. I will concede that other departments, such as Foreign and Defence, are going to create pressures on her brief - but even so, that was her job.

As PM, it’s all her job.

She says terrorists won’t win. Well they have won, thanks to a bicycle kick finish from Mrs May herself. We have become something else tonight. They won.

1 Like